There are 164 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that Crabtree is official....I'm thinking about buying Madden lol

For those who play it, how is he in that game?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I don't see this as a demotion for Morgan. He's gonna be in the slot which probably better suits him anyway. This whole #1 or #2 thing isn't really a big deal considering how often teams use multiple WRs.

I also think whichever WR we have in the slot will see more passes his way since we have an inability to pass block long enough for outside routes to develop.

The problem is, we aren't that type of team. We rarely, if ever, use 3 wr sets.

Honestly I think we do use it a lot...but it's so predictable. We rarely ever run when there isn't a FB on the field.

Hill has been in the shotgun A LOT this year with 3 and 4 WRs out there.

You're right. Most of the blame has to fall on Hill for not getting the ball to our WR's IMO.

Or maybe our WR's just suck

Cutler seems to be doing pretty good with less. It's never the WRs. Good QBs will still perform.

Like I said earlier Hill isn't a franchise QB, I think we ALL know that, but I'm just saying that on top of Hill not being all that great and our mediocre WR corps plus a s**tty O LINE = very bad offense....Hopefully Crabs will fix our offense

You said it! s**tty OL. You can have an allstar cast around a s**tty OL and you'll still get crap.

See Aaron Rodgers. Don't blame everything on the OL. Yes, they haven't played well, but the QB hasn't made them look good either.
Originally posted by verb1der:

He's reasonable, though his ratings will largely be determined by how well he does this coming Sunday.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
I don't see this as a demotion for Morgan. He's gonna be in the slot which probably better suits him anyway. This whole #1 or #2 thing isn't really a big deal considering how often teams use multiple WRs.

I also think whichever WR we have in the slot will see more passes his way since we have an inability to pass block long enough for outside routes to develop.

Honestly I think we do use it a lot...but it's so predictable. We rarely ever run when there isn't a FB on the field.

You're right. Most of the blame has to fall on Hill for not getting the ball to our WR's IMO.

Cutler seems to be doing pretty good with less. It's never the WRs. Good QBs will still perform.

Like I said earlier Hill isn't a franchise QB, I think we ALL know that, but I'm just saying that on top of Hill not being all that great and our mediocre WR corps plus a s**tty O LINE = very bad offense....Hopefully Crabs will fix our offense

You said it! s**tty OL. You can have an allstar cast around a s**tty OL and you'll still get crap.

See Aaron Rodgers. Don't blame everything on the OL. Yes, they haven't played well, but the QB hasn't made them look good either.

with a crappy OL the packers have, Rodgers still seem to be hitting his targets... effectively too!!! blame it on everyone else when you know damn well Hill and Smith are not NFL starting QB's.

Trade for Chad Henne? I like what this guy did against the Jets... showed very good poised and when the coverage was tight. he rocketed the ball where only his receiver could have caught it! one game but it speaks way better than the 11 games hill and how ever many games Smith started... no confidence in these dudes what so ever... so damn inconsistent!!!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Is that the double standard that one has a winning record and the other one doesn't? Or the one that throws more TDs than INTs and the other does not? I'm curious about this double standard.

What's our record right now? 3-2 with Hill as a starter. If we're 3-3 with another one of his great 1 td games, will you be happy? s**t, we'll probably be 3-4 because I don't see us beating the Colts if we lose to the Texans. If we come out on fire against the Texans, I'll feel a little bit better about the Colts game, but I don't trust our QB so I don't think that will happen.

You really think we stand any chance against the colts? Come on. We cannot afford to lose to the Texans. After the colts we got the titans at home which should be a win. Would feel pretty good if we can come out 5-3 after the next 3 weeks

Did you not just see the Raiders beat the Eagles? Any given sunday my friend
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Michael Crabtree may not be that tall, but I do remember hearing that his arms are longer than Larry Fitzgerald's. He does have a similar leaping ability.

An interesting look back... Listen to the comments and the breakdown of Crabtree's game. We could have something special here. This is getting me excited. It feels like draft day all over again!!!

they said the samething about davis when we drafted him.Look how long it has taken him to come around to be an o.k. tightend
I am surprised by the choice of him probably starting... if so, i would be a liar if i didn't say I was a bit excited to see what the kid can bring to our offiense. I just hope in the big scheme of things this will cause Jimmy Raye to open things up a little.

I don't think he will be the fix-all to fix all, but adding a play-maker to the offense at the receiver position, should help some. I think about that catch that Morgan had in the Atlanta game..if it was Crabtree, would he have taken it to the house? Given the same circumstances, I would hope so, but who knows.

Anyway, we need to give defenses more to think about other than just Gore. I hope to God Crabtree eventually (soon) live up to the billing.
Here's a new twist. First of all, I have no source and this is just a really really wild guess/assumption.

Do you think him playing at Houston AND getting the start was part of the negotiations when he signed his contract?? I know it's way out there but just a thought.
Originally posted by NumberOneFan:
Here's a new twist. First of all, I have no source and this is just a really really wild guess/assumption.

Do you think him playing at Houston AND getting the start was part of the negotiations when he signed his contract?? I know it's way out there but just a thought.

If you go back to yesterday on this thread, a couple of people brought up the same ideal. It's a stretch but I don't think so.

Originally posted by verb1der:

I light people up with him.

I don't use him often, I usually wait until they aren't expecting him (online) and make big plays with him.

I hope to see this in real life. Also, his current rating right now is 80, and he's the highest rated WR on the 49ers in Madden.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by NumberOneFan:

If you go back to yesterday on this thread, a couple of people brought up the same ideal. It's a stretch but I don't think so.

Oh, I was just messing around. I haven't been to Niner Talk in a while and thought I'd throw that out there. I guess I missed yesterdays discussions!!
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Is there a reason why morgan and crabtree arent starting? Maybe they should start teaching morgan bruce's position. Bruce hasnt done sh** this year

remember, Morgan knows ALL the WR positions... x, y, and z { up, up, down, down, B, A, B, A} even

Sounds like Contra code to me.

The real question is, has Morgan mastered this yet?

Damn. Where did you get Jimmy Raye's play book?
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

I don't think he will be the fix-all to fix all, but adding a play-maker to the offense at the receiver position, should help some. I think about that catch that Morgan had in the Atlanta game..if it was Crabtree, would he have taken it to the house? Given the same circumstances, I would hope so, but who knows.

Anyway, we need to give defenses more to think about other than just Gore. I hope to God Crabtree eventually (soon) live up to the billing.

Boy- isn't that the truth.
I hope he turns out to be a great player for us. We've been need a big time WR and this is the (potentially) best WR we've gotten in a long time.

here's too many big time games for Crabtree

GO NINERS!!!
Share 49ersWebzone