There are 226 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by teeohh:
he will score 2 touchdowns! book it!

fixed
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
If any player has an issue with this they should have played better.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by valrod33:
morgan is taking the news well

"I'm helping him learn my position and take my position," said Morgan, who ranks second on the 49ers behind Vernon Davis in receiving. Morgan has 13 catches for 202 yards and one touchdown. "It is what it is. If he can help us win, I'm all right with that.

"They gave him my spot. So if he's going to be in there, I might as well help him out so I can make sure he gets it right."

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP JOSH!!!!!! Bruce will not be here next year!!!!! Thank you for being self-less!!!!

This is the attitude that I think might not turn Morgan into a #1 WR, but a Very good #2. Like Taylor, got the talent but played for the game and the team, but not necessarily for the numbers or fame.

I rather have this attitude than some "selfish" player that will pout and cry bc his job was taken from him and completely separate the team.

Hopefully this is a good thing for Josh and it opens up his eyes and focuses on the game. He hasn't focus well at all and he wants the spot light...he needs to take it. He has the skills.

Its up to Josh...what his worth will be on this team and in the NFL. If he's our number 2 than that's great bc that's where he was set to be since April anyway!!!!!!
(Two legit starters is great in my book, especially how our WR corps has been in the past!!!)
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Oct 20, 2009 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Could be smokescreen to, he may start but still only play 10-15 snaps and it just makes the Texans prepare for Crabtree that much more.

So very true.
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Could be smokescreen to, he may start but still only play 10-15 snaps and it just makes the Texans prepare for Crabtree that much more.

So very true.

exactly
If this is true I don't like it. It's a desperation move because there is no way Crabtree has the entire offense down.

If he starts, he likely will be covered by Dunta Robinson, and if he forgets to make his hitch at the correct point, pick 6.
I remember when Vernon first touched the ball as a rookie.... He went in for a touchdown! It would be awesome to see Crab do the same!
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Giant9er:

So very true.

exactly

MM came on CSNBA yesterday and said he could very well be in at least 40 snaps..
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
If this is true I don't like it. It's a desperation move because there is no way Crabtree has the entire offense down.

If he starts, he likely will be covered by Dunta Robinson, and if he forgets to make his hitch at the correct point, pick 6.

I am willing to bet that Robinson sticks to Bruce the whole game because he is the only one of our WRs that has proven anything.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by teeohh:
he will not score a touchdown! book it!

fixed

Fixed

I hope he plays well!
Originally posted by tohara3:
I hope he plays well!

can't do any worse than our current WR's. That's what I figure.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I don't see this as a demotion for Morgan. He's gonna be in the slot which probably better suits him anyway. This whole #1 or #2 thing isn't really a big deal considering how often teams use multiple WRs.

I also think whichever WR we have in the slot will see more passes his way since we have an inability to pass block long enough for outside routes to develop.

The problem is, we aren't that type of team. We rarely, if ever, use 3 wr sets.

Honestly I think we do use it a lot...but it's so predictable. We rarely ever run when there isn't a FB on the field.

Hill has been in the shotgun A LOT this year with 3 and 4 WRs out there.
I don't see this as a demotion for Morgan. He's gonna be in the slot which probably better suits him anyway. This whole #1 or #2 thing isn't really a big deal considering how often teams use multiple WRs.

I also think whichever WR we have in the slot will see more passes his way since we have an inability to pass block long enough for outside routes to develop.

Honestly I think we do use it a lot...but it's so predictable. We rarely ever run when there isn't a FB on the field.

You're right. Most of the blame has to fall on Hill for not getting the ball to our WR's IMO.

You're right. Most of the blame has to fall on Hill for not getting the ball to our WR's IMO.

Or maybe our WR's just suck
Share 49ersWebzone