There are 196 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Is there a reason why morgan and crabtree arent starting? Maybe they should start teaching morgan bruce's position. Bruce hasnt done sh** this year

remember, Morgan knows ALL the WR positions... x, y, and z { up, up, down, down, B, A, B, A} even

Sounds like Contra code to me.

The real question is, has Morgan mastered this yet?

That's probably the extent of Raye's playbook.

That's being generous. The first run play for Craig isn't up the gut, and the first pass play is a play-action rollout which I have yet to see.

We could actually learn from this.

I still play this game on my phone.

The
[ Edited by YourHuckleberry on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:44 PM ]
  • sports_guy212
  • Info N/A
Part of me thinks that Sing is that hardcore about winning and he bought into the "crabtree hype." I desperately hope crabtree lives up to the hype, we will have to wait and see if can help us win. Ultimately, even if Morgan got screwed...its about winning and if crabtree gives us the best chance to win so be it...
Morgan has no one to blame but himself. He has all but disappeared in our first 5 games. When he has gotten open the guy has dropped some key passes. He is a solid number 3 that might and I stress the word "might", be albe to be our number 2.

IMO, Bruce is the guy that needs to sit down. If it wasn't for his veteran status and the respect he gets from the coaches he would of been benched a long time ago. I hate to see a guy who has been our nemisis for years play out the twilight of his career and ruin our team....:-(
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sports_guy212:
Part of me thinks that Sing is that hardcore about winning and he bought into the "crabtree hype." I desperately hope crabtree lives up to the hype, we will have to wait and see if can help us win. Ultimately, even if Morgan got screwed...its about winning and if crabtree gives us the best chance to win so be it...

Nah, I just think he got pissed off at Morgan.

A)"It came down like a punt." WTF? I feel you, but NFL players should be able to catch punts too. Singletary probably got annoyed by that.

B)Seemed like he slowed down against the Falcons at the end of his long reception. I don't know if he ran out of gas or just got lazy, but that probably annoyed Singletary too.

Now Crabtree is back, Singletary can actually do something about it.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Is there a reason why morgan and crabtree arent starting? Maybe they should start teaching morgan bruce's position. Bruce hasnt done sh** this year

remember, Morgan knows ALL the WR positions... x, y, and z { up, up, down, down, B, A, B, A} even

Sounds like Contra code to me.

The real question is, has Morgan mastered this yet?

That's probably the extent of Raye's playbook.

That's being generous. The first run play for Craig isn't up the gut, and the first pass play is a play-action rollout which I have yet to see.

We could actually learn from this.

I still play this game on my phone.

The

I wish Raye would play it. Maybe our play calling would improve
singletary needs to forget about showing veteran respect or whatever towards bruce. but a lineup of morgan and crabtree gives us the best shot on making plays on offense. let bruce come in against the 3rd cb cuz he barely has been getting open against starting cbs. this is mike nolanesque playing a worse player than the better guy
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
singletary needs to forget about showing veteran respect or whatever towards bruce. but a lineup of morgan and crabtree gives us the best shot on making plays on offense. let bruce come in against the 3rd cb cuz he barely has been getting open against starting cbs. this is mike nolanesque playing a worse player than the better guy

i agree. Morgan, Crabs, then put Bruce in teh slot.
A little too soon for my liking, but I hope the kid does well.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Man, I just Hope Crabtree is "Healthy" enough for this...I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut on what I'm "Really" thinkin..
Originally posted by susweel:
This whole situation raises a bigger question about Morgan. Any good WR would not stick around to teach someone else who is going to take his job. This whole thing reassures what I thought about Morgan, that he truly lacks that competitive desire to be great. If someone is confident in the own ability he would not teach another man to take his especially if that person has not been there throughout the entire year. If I was Morgan I would be pissed and wouldn't teach Crabgreed s**t.

So this is probably a good move because some guys are just content on being average back up players and thats what Morgan is.

Or maybe Morgan just wants a ring like most guys do and is man enough to help another TEAMMATE in need. I mean seriously did he think his job was safe when they drafted Crabtree. If anything he has had several months to know this was coming. And I don't question Morgans work ethic or desire to be great. Any1 that has an assistant with them to help them learn routes wants to be something more. He is a 6th rd pick and moved his way up the depth chart as a rookie, and he will be a good #2 for us for years to come

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Then Hill and Jones don't get much playing time, and Battle is taking up a roster spot just to fair-catch punts. Someone's gotta get released. I say Battle. Have Spurlock return punts.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:54 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just because he is starting does not mean that he is going to play that much. For that matter Bruce may also lose playing time. Morgan still may get a lot of action. They may also be putting Crabgreed in as a decoy to take some of the pressure of the running game.

I don't know, just some possibilities that may happen. Gives us something to look forward to.

Then Hill and Jones don't get much playing time, and Battle is taking up a roster spot just to fair-catch punts. Someone's gotta get released. I say Battle. Have Spurlock return punts.

we do have way too many WR's.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Terrible. Bruce should be on the bench. The slot receiver should be quick and shifty, maybe even have straight line speed. At this point, Bruce is a posssesion receiver at best with not one of those attributes. Jones should be in the slot alternating with Hill.

What am I saying? What difference does it make. A slot would infer we are playing 3 WR sets, so at most we're talking, what 2-4 snaps a game?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Just because he is starting does not mean that he is going to play that much. For that matter Bruce may also lose playing time. Morgan still may get a lot of action. They may also be putting Crabgreed in as a decoy to take some of the pressure of the running game.

I don't know, just some possibilities that may happen. Gives us something to look forward to.

Why name someone a starter though if he's only going to play 10-15 snaps? Ruffles feathers for no reason.

One thing I do like is Singletary basically saying that how much Crabtree plays depends on how he performs. If Hill could get come chemistry going with Crabtree, he could put up some big numbers and remain in the game. That would be a nice homecoming.
Share 49ersWebzone