LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Who is the most overrated coach (of any type/level/position) on the 49ers today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Receivers first, then O-line. Sully has had years to develop some serviceable guys and has had some decent talent to work with. If he doesn't do something this year with guys like Morgan (a bit overrated), Hill, Crabtree (of course), etc, then he's hopeless. And you know ol' Bobb McKittrick would have fashioned a very good, if not great, ) O-line with the beef we already have.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Classic Niner talk...

blame Jerry Sullivan for having Cody Pickett, Tim Rattay, Shaun Hill, Jt Osullivan, Alex Smith, Trent Dilfer, and Chris Weinke throw his wr's the ball..

Would you guys blame the Raiders Wr coach when Randy Moss was on the team for the Wr's sh*tty play, and praise the Wr Coach in NEw england the next year for the turnaround??? F*ck no you wouldnt.

Great quarterbacks make even sh*ty wr's look good.It doesnt go the other way around. Shaun Hill might be the worst of the bunch talent wise out of those qb's i jsut mentioned.

That being said i would say Scott Mcloughan....Our biggest needs, for like 5 straight years have been O line, Quarterback, and Pass rush, and none of the three have improved. Isnt that pretty much his only job?

You make the most valid point ever! No one can deny that and that's why we suck. We need a Great Qb.
can we nominate 49ers fans as a whole for NOT filling up the stadium against the Falcons last week? I was there and was shocked to see plenty of empy seats throughout the stadium...guess those fans who stayed home knew what was about to come....
[ Edited by bergy07 on Oct 18, 2009 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by bergy07:
can we nominate 49ers fans as a whole for NOT filling up the stadium against the Falcons last week? I was there and was shocked to see plenty of empy seats throughout the stadium...guess those fans who stayed home knew what was about to come....

We are in a recession bro I was not surprised! 49er tickets are expensive not including parking, food, etc. Better seat is in my home.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

We are in a recession bro I was not surprised! 49er tickets are expensive not including parking, food, etc. Better seat is in my home.

And Minnesota isn't...? But yeah I agree better seats are often from your home.

I honestly think if this team had a star QB there would be a lot more buzz from everyone, including webzone members. Defense wins championships, but apparently isn't enough to fill up a stadium.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
someone mentioned Singletary. I think he is an outstanding LEADER and MOTIVATOR. But is he a good COACH? I think the jury is out on that one. Right now, he is coming across as awfully stubborn in some of his ways, to the extent that I think Jimmy Raye is essentially the scapegoat for these forced practices, such as running up the gut when the defense knows you will and knows they can stop it and when your #1 guy is out with an injury.
It has to be Scot for not getting better talent for the coaches.

And Minnesota isn't...? But yeah I agree better seats are often from your home.

I honestly think if this team had a star QB there would be a lot more buzz from everyone, including webzone members. Defense wins championships, but apparently isn't enough to fill up a stadium.

Fans want to see offense not defense bro I can guarantee that. Yes if we had Brett Favre in our team it would be sold out no doubt about it or any Star Qb. It's a Qb driven league and we do not have a QB just a bunch of backups playing the position.
Every offensive coach on the team except Tom Rathman
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Classic Niner talk...

blame Jerry Sullivan for having Cody Pickett, Tim Rattay, Shaun Hill, Jt Osullivan, Alex Smith, Trent Dilfer, and Chris Weinke throw his wr's the ball..

Would you guys blame the Raiders Wr coach when Randy Moss was on the team for the Wr's sh*tty play, and praise the Wr Coach in NEw england the next year for the turnaround??? F*ck no you wouldnt.

Great quarterbacks make even sh*ty wr's look good.It doesnt go the other way around. Shaun Hill might be the worst of the bunch talent wise out of those qb's i jsut mentioned.

That being said i would say Scott Mcloughan....Our biggest needs, for like 5 straight years have been O line, Quarterback, and Pass rush, and none of the three have improved. Isnt that pretty much his only job?

Thank you!!!! That has pretty much been my assesment for the past 2 years, especially when Nolan was on board and he being a 3-4 guru, knowing a dominate NT and a bona fide pass rusher where the biggest parts of the 3-4, and he never addressed either of those...

Scot M. as GM has done nothing to improve us.

Singletary is also overrated. All the dropped pants halftime opportunites and PEP RALLY gametime timeouts don't mask a coach who doesn't understand player personnel and clock management / game management. A motivator for sure. But very weak in other categories with a stubborn attitude to boot.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Singletary is also overrated. All the dropped pants halftime opportunites and PEP RALLY gametime timeouts don't mask a coach who doesn't understand player personnel and clock management / game management. A motivator for sure. But very weak in other categories with a stubborn attitude to boot.

Wow! sounds alot like NoWin? Stubborn!

He has some similarities to NoWin that scare me. As far as game time management and clock management IMO he is much worse.
I don't even think we have a coach notable enough to be rated. Personally, I can't stand the get back coach.

He has some similarities to NoWin that scare me. As far as game time management and clock management IMO he is much worse.

Sing doesn't have a clue. If you put all the BS motivation aside, you get a poor man's Nolan. A totally horrendous hire.
Share 49ersWebzone