LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
last week, this same time when we were 3-1, playoffs were a no brainer for some reason.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

Ravens won the superbowl with a sorry a** Offense
Originally posted by rxrunner:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

Not this bad, and their defense was somewhat better.
IDK

I still say we have a shot at the playoffs, I dont think it's automatic to predict were gonna get our asses handed to us by the Texans, Colts, Bears and Eagles, it's safe to assume IMO we have a shot at those games

Granted we played like s**t on sunday, but that will be a learning experience and I would bet money we wont get slapped around like that again.
I actually have faith in Singletary and I'm not gonna be surprised if we beat a couple of those teams that are supposed to blast us, have some faith people, this team will toughen up
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rxrunner:

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

The Ravens defense set a NFL record in holding opposing teams to 165 total points, they broke the 85 bears record. They were also a top 5 rushing team.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

But....BUT........i thought u said we were going 1-15
"Ill say this"....If this were Nolan, he would be feeding us his BS about how our team is fine and not make any changes. I like that Sing sees the problem (OL) and is immediately trying to fix it. He's not afraid to shake it up. He doesnt care about how he looks to the media and what is politically correct (ala Nolan). We still got a good amount of games left and if we can sweep our divsion (very do-able), then we just may have a chance.

But we need to come out fast in Houston...if we do then it will be all smiles again on the zone!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
IDK

I still say we have a shot at the playoffs, I dont think it's automatic to predict were gonna get our asses handed to us by the Texans, Colts, Bears and Eagles, it's safe to assume IMO we have a shot at those games

Granted we played like s**t on sunday, but that will be a learning experience and I would bet money we wont get slapped around like that again.
I actually have faith in Singletary and I'm not gonna be surprised if we beat a couple of those teams that are supposed to blast us, have some faith people, this team will toughen up

This team will go as the O-line goes. If we can't make 1st downs it's all over. No matter how good our defense it. If they don't get this line fixed soon, we can all start working on our mock drafts.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
IDK

This team will go as the O-line goes. If we can't make 1st downs it's all over. No matter how good our defense it. If they don't get this line fixed soon, we can all start working on our mock drafts.

Hopefully the changes made during the bye week will improve our attack, Rachal may lose his Job, so I hope who gets the gig plays with some nastiness, Chilo has been timid and looks lost at times, it doesnt help our RT position is so shaky, we need the line to get it going and start knocking some people on their asses thats for sure
Playoffs..pppplayoffs; you kidding me?

i'm just hoping we land Shanahan
Originally posted by socalniner:
i'm just hoping we land Shanahan

Yeah lets give him a call and tell Jimmy Raye to clean out his desk

Hey I can dream Too
Why is it that all negative people champion themselves as "realists"?

I would love for someone just once to say "you know - I'm a glass half empty kind of guy and in keeping with my personality, I think this team blows."

Negative does not equal realist

Realist equals a person willing to see all sides of an argument before determining an opinion.

...and the Niners will make the playoffs this year. I am an optimist.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

You know nothing about football
  • 49erFrank
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Im sorry, but 9-7 to 10-6 is still possible.

ARZ and SEA arent that good.

And Houston sucks, we should beat them easily.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

Also look at thsee things.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teas don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

Hassleback has been playing a little better and the Cardinals look better in some ways. We could lose those.

We could lose every game just like we could win every game. We can still beat Seattle and Arizona, they aren't the problem when it comes to difficulty in our schedule.

Indy
Green Bay
Philly

Will be the hardest to compete against.

I still think we get to the playoffs and walk back into Minnesota....but this time, there will be blood in the water!!

Those are definitely some of the toughest games.

Can you post some stats with all your picks next time, then I won't have to watch the bad games. And can you tell me If we traded or drafted a good QB since I'm on the psycic network, let me know as soon as you talk with dion worwick
Share 49ersWebzone