There are 259 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by bergy07:
all this talk about why it's not going to be the 49ers is great and dandy...but we are still looking for a who WILL win the NFC West answer.

I think Arizona is capable of it depending on health of key players. I think Seattle is capable of it depending also on health of key players. The Rams have no chance and should be demoted to the college ranks until they can field an NFL level team.

hey man I admire your courage to come on a 49ers forum and say the 9ers won't make the Playoffs but can we change this thread to "seachickens and Cards ARE capable of winning the NFC West but sorry no chance for the 49ers or Rams"?

Hey I just call what I see. Look at our offensive line. It doesn't like like a playoff line to me. I've never seen a playoff line that looks like that in my life. If a line like this carries a team to the playoffs it would definitely be the first time in history. But hey sometimes firsts happen. So I guess it could. I just don't anticipate it will.

actually Pitts line was this bad last year. Big Ben just made it work by shrugging tackles and keeping plays alive. So...............

But Hill's no Ben!

Hill is probably 30 pounds lighter and 2 inches shorter and has 1/10 the arm of Big Ben. And Pitt's line wasn't this bad. Not 4 of 5 guys who can't even block. I've never seen a playoff team with a line this bad.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
all this talk about why it's not going to be the 49ers is great and dandy...but we are still looking for a who WILL win the NFC West answer.

I think Arizona is capable of it depending on health of key players. I think Seattle is capable of it depending also on health of key players. The Rams have no chance and should be demoted to the college ranks until they can field an NFL level team.

hey man I admire your courage to come on a 49ers forum and say the 9ers won't make the Playoffs but can we change this thread to "seachickens and Cards ARE capable of winning the NFC West but sorry no chance for the 49ers or Rams"?

Hey I just call what I see. Look at our offensive line. It doesn't like like a playoff line to me. I've never seen a playoff line that looks like that in my life. If a line like this carries a team to the playoffs it would definitely be the first time in history. But hey sometimes firsts happen. So I guess it could. I just don't anticipate it will.

actually Pitts line was this bad last year. Big Ben just made it work by shrugging tackles and keeping plays alive. So...............

But Hill's no Ben!

Actually Ben said it himself, his line does do a very good job, he just holds on the ball for too long, so statistically his line looks not as good as they really are..
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:

But Hill's no Ben!

Actually Ben said it himself, his line does do a very good job, he just holds on the ball for too long, so statistically his line looks not as good as they really are..

Nice of Ben to say that and all. But I live in the Pitts area and let me tell you. They're that bad!
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

You are right in some ways... HILL is a horrible QB.. I can run faster than him and probably throw harder too..

But we are only lacking in a few positions in my opinion.. OL and QB.. if we get crabtree goin and alex smith shows us hes actually worth a 1st rounder, then we will be in good hands

If Alex would resurect his career from the dead and Craptree turns out well yes that would change our team. I don't know if those things will happen.

your right.... But arent you sick of hill?? i think its time to find out

~ We aren't going anywhere with Hill. He is not the future.

~ He can't come from behind.

~ He can't win the game putting it on his shoulders.

I would rather play out the year with Smith and see what we have. If it's nothing in his 3rd healthy year (yes he's only had 3 healthy years - the others were injury years) then we need a FA QB or we need to draft our QB of the future.

And our QB of the future is not Nate Davis...
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

dude, come on....pay attention.

we have 2 weeks to prepare for a bad team. Gore is going to run all over their 25th ranked rush D. the lost to the JAGS. and the Jags lost to the seahawks 41-0. a team we beat.

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
CHI- win (why cant we beat the bears in SF? they arent that good)
atGB- win (GB has one of the worst OL in football. and when we get a pash rush going, were hard to beat. plus GB isnt that great. Vikings handled them well at home, whereas we went in there and should have won without Gore)
JAX- win
atSEA- loss (could still be a winable game)
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

thats 8-3 the rest of the way. build in maybe a loss or 2 if we falter, but its still 6 wins to make us 9-7. 11-5 is still very possible. our schedule is cake. only 3 matchups make me cringe that remain, and one of them (GB) is against a team were better than.

and we only go to the east coast once this year.

you guys are way too doom and gloom because of 1 loss. maybe we needed this loss to kick us back into focus. remember 1994? steve young and the niners get blown out by Philly, young removed from game, he gets irate? the season looked like crap, and then we win 11 straight and coast to the super bowl title.

everyone calm down.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

You are right in some ways... HILL is a horrible QB.. I can run faster than him and probably throw harder too..

But we are only lacking in a few positions in my opinion.. OL and QB.. if we get crabtree goin and alex smith shows us hes actually worth a 1st rounder, then we will be in good hands

If Alex would resurect his career from the dead and Craptree turns out well yes that would change our team. I don't know if those things will happen.

your right.... But arent you sick of hill?? i think its time to find out

~ We aren't going anywhere with Hill. He is not the future.

~ He can't come from behind.

~ He can't win the game putting it on his shoulders.

I would rather play out the year with Smith and see what we have. If it's nothing in his 3rd healthy year (yes he's only had 3 healthy years - the others were injury years) then we need a FA QB or we need to draft our QB of the future.

And our QB of the future is not Nate Davis...
ouch...buzz kill...
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

we have 2 weeks to prepare for a bad team. Gore is going to run all over their 25th ranked rush D. the lost to the JAGS. and the Jags lost to the seahawks 41-0. a team we beat.

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
atGB- win (GB has one of the worst OL in football. and when we get a pash rush going, were hard to beat. plus GB isnt that great. Vikings handled them well at home, whereas we went in there and should have won without Gore)
JAX- win
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

thats 8-3 the rest of the way. build in maybe a loss or 2 if we falter, but its still 6 wins to make us 9-7. 11-5 is still very possible. our schedule is cake. only 3 matchups make me cringe that remain, and one of them (GB) is against a team were better than.

you guys are way too doom and gloom because of 1 loss. maybe we needed this loss to kick us back into focus. remember 1994? steve young and the niners get blown out by Philly, young removed from game, he gets irate? the season looked like crap, and then we win 11 straight and coast to the super bowl title.

everyone calm down.

Steve Young > Shaun Hill.

Steve Young > Shaun Hill on steroids.

Steve Young > An army of Shaun Hills.

Any questions? Please stop comparing this team to the 1994 team. We haven't had a winning season in 6 years, so any blowout loss that we suffer is a sign that we still aren't a good team, hence, there is reason for doom and gloom. Once we finish the season above .500, then we can brush blowout losses aside and point to 1994's example.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
JAX- win
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

everyone calm down.

I don't know about them being a bad team. They have some good D. Linemen and can at times generate a real good pass rush. That against our O. Line is not a good combination.
Originally posted by B650:

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
JAX- win
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

everyone calm down.

Any questions? Please stop comparing this team to the 1994 team. We haven't had a winning season in 6 years, so any blowout loss that we suffer is a sign that we still aren't a good team, hence, there is reason for doom and gloom. Once we finish the season above .500, then we can brush blowout losses aside and point to 1994's example.

+1

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
JAX- win
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

everyone calm down.

that was hilarious.. steve is is > than an army of hill lol

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
JAX- win
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

everyone calm down.

100 Shaun Hill's doesn't equal the arm strength or accuracy of Steve Young.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
JAX- win
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

everyone calm down.

if we all know that hill has no potential, why dont we just put in alex and give the guy a shot?

if it doesnt work out, well just move on and adresse the position first thing in the draft
  • B650
  • Veteran

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
JAX- win
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

everyone calm down.

if we all know that hill has no potential, why dont we just put in alex and give the guy a shot?

if it doesnt work out, well just move on and adresse the position first thing in the draft

Exactly. We'll never have the '85 Bears defense, so Shaun Hill will never win a Super Bowl. It's pretty simple. Now only if Singletary had some common sense.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

itll go

atHOU- win
atIND- loss
TEN- win
JAX- win
AZ- win
atPHI- loss
DET- win
atSTL- win

everyone calm down.

We have to give Alex one more shot IMO. And if it doesn't work then we need our new franchise QB possibly in the draft and to develop over time.
Share 49ersWebzone