LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Food for thought...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really doubt we will be taking another qb in the first round. I think they are gonna give time for Davis to develope
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
QB first and offensive line second

Yup QB first if Eric Berry is not on the board. Goldson's play in TC has not carried over to the games and one thing that all top teams have is a stable, franchise QB.

-9fA

Goldson hasn't really been bad at all. If your talking about Int, he does have one so far.

Berry would move into SS.

I think he's been average. IMO, he sometimes takes bad angles when in run support. He hasn't played at the high level that i thought he would. Maybe it was my inflated expectations.

-9fA
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
QB first and offensive line second

Yup QB first if Eric Berry is not on the board. Goldson's play in TC has not carried over to the games and one thing that all top teams have is a stable, franchise QB.

-9fA

Goldson hasn't really been bad at all. If your talking about Int, he does have one so far.

Berry would move into SS.

I think he's been average. IMO, he sometimes takes bad angles when in run support. He hasn't played at the high level that i thought he would. Maybe it was my inflated expectations.

-9fA

This is his first time starting, he will get better as the season goes on.
Originally posted by Mex49:
i know much of the Zone loves Singletary and his HOF title but lets take a moment and relect on our present situation (QB, O-Line, OC, current and past draft picks).

The thought of Mike Singletary and Scoty M in charge of one more draft, and especially one that has us picking twice in the first round, has me freaking out. This might be one of the biggest drafts for us in decades.

Having two #1 could change the face of the franchise. I am so affraid of these two and having Scoty picking one more QB or OLine for the SF 49ers is disgusting.

Soooooo, we don't need an O-Line pick? Is that what you think?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Can we draft an OC in the first round?

Trade down and get an O-Line coach perhaps?
thank you, this was delicious.

what was it exactly?
yeah, let's fire everybody in the front office and totally change the coaching staff. bringing in a totally new management who will use the draft to completely overhaul the team to fit their own vision instead of bolstering what we have won't set us back at all!

I don't understand with whats wrong with drafting an o-lineman and/or a qb in the first round?

Aren't those position of need for the team?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:
I don't understand with whats wrong with drafting an o-lineman and/or a qb in the first round?

Aren't those position of need for the team?

I'm scared to draft a high QB. We don't seem to do all that awesome with first round picks

But it may need to happen I suppose.
u mayb a fan but u aren't part of the faithful, with da type of faith you have. things may not be as good as we want but they r not as bad as it could b of nolan or some otha scrub coach is here(atleast not rite now). coach sing has done mo than nolan has in the short time he's been here. ur basically sayin that we r goin 2 loose all our big games n i don't c sing lettin that happen. the oline I agree wit but I have faith he'll figure it out like everything else. as far time outs go, i don't think it will work if he has to do it every week, but every once in a while i think it's coo. even at the pro level especially on the d i think it's needed. i seen d's on the verge of crankin, & the quick break is need(ex. late in da AZ game). u also can't blame sing 4 all 3 T.O.'s b-in use. sing or dis team may not be at their best but sing is a rookie coach & he's(& da gm)tryin to fix the fork up the yorks caused. don't no bout u but i've seen a more fiscal team and a coach who makes good adjustments. have some faith if ur a real fan. u can't tell me the team hasn't looked betta since he took over.

Is it me or does it seem like every year the draft is "deep" in a certain position (that's what she said)?

I dunno...I'm hungry and I just clicked on this thread because of the title...

...is it the 25th yet?
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Mex49:
i know much of the Zone loves Singletary and his HOF title but lets take a moment and relect on our present situation (QB, O-Line, OC, current and past draft picks).

The thought of Mike Singletary and Scoty M in charge of one more draft, and especially one that has us picking twice in the first round, has me freaking out. This might be one of the biggest drafts for us in decades.

Having two #1 could change the face of the franchise. I am so affraid of these two and having Scoty picking one more QB or OLine for the SF 49ers is disgusting.

Lose the hate, then you may not be so scared.

tee hee you are correct
Originally posted by calinig4life:
u mayb a fan but u aren't part of the faithful, with da type of faith you have. things may not be as good as we want but they r not as bad as it could b of nolan or some otha scrub coach is here(atleast not rite now). coach sing has done mo than nolan has in the short time he's been here. ur basically sayin that we r goin 2 loose all our big games n i don't c sing lettin that happen. the oline I agree wit but I have faith he'll figure it out like everything else. as far time outs go, i don't think it will work if he has to do it every week, but every once in a while i think it's coo. even at the pro level especially on the d i think it's needed. i seen d's on the verge of crankin, & the quick break is need(ex. late in da AZ game). u also can't blame sing 4 all 3 T.O.'s b-in use. sing or dis team may not be at their best but sing is a rookie coach & he's(& da gm)tryin to fix the fork up the yorks caused. don't no bout u but i've seen a more fiscal team and a coach who makes good adjustments. have some faith if ur a real fan. u can't tell me the team hasn't looked betta since he took over.

English plz
  • Mex49
It is not about who we pick or in what order, it is the fact that Scot hasn't produced in his years here and he will be leading the draft again. Sure Manny and Davis and Staley are good football players, but 1st round talent, I don't think so.
Originally posted by Antix:
Can we draft an OC in the first round?

Trade down and get an O-Line coach perhaps?

Share 49ersWebzone