LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Food for thought...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
i know much of the Zone loves Singletary and his HOF title but lets take a moment and relect on our present situation (QB, O-Line, OC, current and past draft picks).

The thought of Mike Singletary and Scoty M in charge of one more draft, and especially one that has us picking twice in the first round, has me freaking out. This might be one of the biggest drafts for us in decades.

Having two #1 could change the face of the franchise. I am so affraid of these two and having Scoty picking one more QB or OLine for the SF 49ers is disgusting.
This draft coming up is being touted as one of the deepest ever in quality linemen on both sides of the ball. Our first pick has to be Eric Berry if the opportunity presents itself, he is that good...but after that we should spend every single pick left on a right gaurd, pass rusher, and right tackle...even before the QB that so many are clamoring for. We might have a good one if they had some protection.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mex49:
i know much of the Zone loves Singletary and his HOF title but lets take a moment and relect on our present situation (QB, O-Line, OC, current and past draft picks).

The thought of Mike Singletary and Scoty M in charge of one more draft, and especially one that has us picking twice in the first round, has me freaking out. This might be one of the biggest drafts for us in decades.

Having two #1 could change the face of the franchise. I am so affraid of these two and having Scoty picking one more QB or OLine for the SF 49ers is disgusting.

Lose the hate, then you may not be so scared.

[ Edited by Blitz on Oct 15, 2009 at 15:36:10 ]
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Blitz:

Loss the hate, then you may not be so scared.

Scoty has shown he knows first round talent... please

You don't think we should draft Oline in the first round?
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:

Loss the hate, then you may not be so scared.

Scoty has shown he knows first round talent... please

I think your thread is going to die a rapid death, we have discussed Scotty M drafting ad nausea.

I would not worry just yet. If we don't acquire any trades or free agents for the line, then one, or even both, first round picks need to be spent on the line. I have a strong feeling we will not enter the draft with two first round picks, meaning we will trade it away for someone.

At this point, it is way too early to tell if we are in need of a first round QB. All three of them still have a chance to be good.
QB first and offensive line second
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

Yup QB first if Eric Berry is not on the board. Goldson's play in TC has not carried over to the games and one thing that all top teams have is a stable, franchise QB.

-9fA

I recommend this for you because you are going to need it seeing as both Mike and Scotty are going to be here awhile:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Yup QB first if Eric Berry is not on the board. Goldson's play in TC has not carried over to the games and one thing that all top teams have is a stable, franchise QB.

-9fA

Goldson hasn't really been bad at all. If your talking about Int, he does have one so far.

Berry would move into SS.
get berry with carolina's first. trade our first to pick up more 2nd and 3rd round pics. grab OT and OG there.

-9fA

agreed... without a QB we'll never win those close games that we need to make crucial drives... look at the dophins and jets game on Monday night... chad henne looked awesome with a cannon!!! don't think smith or hill woulda got that done when a pass play is needed.

-9fA

agreed... without a QB we'll never win those close games that we need to make crucial drives... look at the dophins and jets game on Monday night... chad henne looked awesome with a cannon!!! don't think smith or hill woulda got that done when a pass play is needed.

true dat. and the way we run offense, most games will be close. i am still jealous of henne's performance on moday-and sanchez's.
Share 49ersWebzone