LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Favorable Schedule: We need to win just 2 of 5 to end 9-7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Our best shot is to go 10-6 and steal a wild card berth. Falcons will get one for sure, so maybe we can get the 6th seed. 9-7 doesn't seem enough to me with teams like Philadelphia, Dallas, and GB snooping around.

Which won't happen. The only realistic chance this team has based on our talent was/is taking advantage of a crappy division. We cannot win outside the division against other playoff caliber teams.

Then we won't make it, because 9-7 isn't getting it done in any realistic scenario.

Exactly.

9-7 isn't going to win the NFC West. And 9-7 won't get us a wild card spot either. We need 10 wins to have a shot at either, and maybe even 11.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i would not chaalk up tenn as a win they are still a really good team however if we stop the run game like we are now it will be an easy game

i wouldn't be surprised if we were the team to give them their first win

we have to win out
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Our best shot is to go 10-6 and steal a wild card berth. Falcons will get one for sure, so maybe we can get the 6th seed. 9-7 doesn't seem enough to me with teams like Philadelphia, Dallas, and GB snooping around.

Which won't happen. The only realistic chance this team has based on our talent was/is taking advantage of a crappy division. We cannot win outside the division against other playoff caliber teams.

Then we won't make it, because 9-7 isn't getting it done in any realistic scenario.

Exactly.

9-7 isn't going to win the NFC West. And 9-7 won't get us a wild card spot either. We need 10 wins to have a shot at either, and maybe even 11.

We still have a shot. We could finish 10-6 and Arizona could finish 10-6. But we absolutely have to beat Arizona on Monday night for this to happen. But I think it's safe to say that we'll have to go 10-6 to have a chance. Shooting for 9-7 isn't going to do much anyway. Now we know the stakes. This team has to step up to the challenge. We aren't winning the division with no 9-7. It's not going to be a cakewalk. If we make the playoffs, we're going to have to earn it.

Nothing wrong with that. Are we good enough or not? That remains to be seen.
Originally posted by teeohh:
we have to win out

13-3!
With Smith i feel confident we can play with anyone, I fell better goin into indy then i did goin in to houston. We may have an Offense now.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
With Smith i feel confident we can play with anyone, I fell better goin into indy then i did goin in to houston. We may have an Offense now.

Mr Man Crush is BACK

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arizona still has to play STL twice and DET. Dohhhh!
Our schedule is very favorable I see losing just 2 more games against the colts and eagles we will we finish 11-5. Go ahead and talk s**t but the rest of our schedule isn't that hard.
9-7 isnt going to get us nowhere. with the schedule AZ has, i wouldnt be surprised if they ended up 12-4 or 11-5. Do we make the wild card as a 9-7? dunno

Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
Arizona still has to play STL twice and DET. Dohhhh!

Yup and they play a bad Carolina team next week as well and a struggling Bears team after that. We need to get some wins outside the division.....that might be the understatement of the decade, but oh so true.
I'd say this estimate of wins and losses puts us at 8-8. If we can somehow pull out a win against Seattle away or suprise with a win over the Colts, Packers or Eagles in their house (doubtful) we'll maybe finish on the cusp of a playoff spot at 9-7. Very iffy the way we're playing right now though.

Sun Nov. 1 @Colts - 10:00a - Loss
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - 1:15p - Win
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p - Win
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a - Loss
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p - Win
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p - Loss
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p - Loss
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a - Loss
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p - Win
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a - Win
Now that I'm thinking rationally and don't want to fire everyone short of Bill Walsh, I'm looking ahead. I think 9-7 wins the west. The Titan game is winnable but the make or break is GB/Chi. The 9ers have to find a way to split those games. If they can get into the stretch run at 5-5 they have winnable game against Jags, Rams, Lions. I'm hoping for a split with Seattle/Cards (really hard to go 6-0 in your division) and then counting the Eagles as a loss. With a GB/Chi split that is 9-7. Just thinking out loud here...
i hear ya...but we'd need help from arizona....whats left on their schedule?
We say every games has been crucial this week, last week.
Share 49ersWebzone