There are 183 users in the forums

1st Quarter against Houston!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
I think in two weeks our first quarter or first couple of drives against Houston should be 80-90% pass. We have to slow down Mario Williams and there pass rush.

At least try to show them that we have some passing ability and maybe in the second half it will pay off. Slow down there pass rush and open up some lanes for Gore.

Every game our first series is either a run up the middle for no gain or a play action for a short 5 yard pass.

It is pretty much guaranteed houston will stack the box first play. Hard play action and hit Jones or CRabtree for a deep crossing pattern, hopefully those two can create seperation because the others can't, or even get VD involved right away something down field though 15+ yards.

How exactly does passing the ball 80-90% of the time slow down the pass rush?

[ Edited by krizay on Oct 14, 2009 at 14:17:31 ]
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
1st down: run for 2 yards
2nd down: run for loss of 3
3rd down: pass for 6 yards
4th down: punt.

The Jimmy Raye experience at it's best!

Why are you laughing when you know it's true?
michael crabtree will have 110 yards recieving and 2 tds.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

i hope you're right again deion.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

maybe this weekend while playing Madden, but not next weekend against Houston.

Unfortunately.
I don't get all the Crabtree hype, he probably won't even make one reception since he'll only be playing on third down situations (where Jimmy Raye loves to stack the line with 50 tight-end sets), and knowing how insecure Shaun Hill is, Crabs could be open downfield but Shaun will play it safe and throw it short to Vernon Davis (out of panic) for a missed-read.

Poor Crabs, he'll never succeed on this s**tty offense, with s**tty QBs behind a s**tty o-line. Better get used to blocking schemes buddy, welcome to football hell.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I don't get all the Crabtree hype, he probably won't even make one reception since he'll only be playing on third down situations (where Jimmy Raye loves to stack the line with 50 tight-end sets), and knowing how insecure Shaun Hill is, Crabs could be open downfield but Shaun will play it safe and throw it short to Vernon Davis (out of panic) for a missed-read.

Poor Crabs, he'll never succeed on this s**tty offense, with s**tty QBs behind a s**tty o-line. Better get used to blocking schemes buddy, welcome to football hell.

It's amazing how you've captured the knee-jerk musing of every other webzone poster over the past week. We should save this post for posterity.
Originally posted by krizay:
I think in two weeks our first quarter or first couple of drives against Houston should be 80-90% pass. We have to slow down Mario Williams and there pass rush.

At least try to show them that we have some passing ability and maybe in the second half it will pay off. Slow down there pass rush and open up some lanes for Gore.

Every game our first series is either a run up the middle for no gain or a play action for a short 5 yard pass.

It is pretty much guaranteed houston will stack the box first play. Hard play action and hit Jones or CRabtree for a deep crossing pattern, hopefully those two can create seperation because the others can't, or even get VD involved right away something down field though 15+ yards.

I think you're mistaking what he said for, "I think in two weeks our first quarter or first couple of drives against Houston should be 80-90% pass, we have to slow down Mario Williams and there pass rush."

Although he put the two sentences together, he did separate them with a period.

He means that we should throw the ball 80-90% of the time, therefore, we HAVE to slow down their pass rush.

I agree with him.

Our predictable style is not working. We lead the league in 3 n' outs.

We have to at least try and make the other team think we will pass a lot, then we can mix in some runs after they have backed up up a bit.

Considering the fact that our passing game is the only way we have scored points this year (except for the Seattle game), it might just work.

We have to try SOMETHING.

[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 14, 2009 at 15:30:22 ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I think you're mistaking what he said for, "I think in two weeks our first quarter or first couple of drives against Houston should be 80-90% pass, we have to slow down Mario Williams and there pass rush."

He means that we should throw the ball 80-90% of the time, therefore, we HAVE to slow down their pass rush.

I agree with him.

We have to at least try and make the other team think we will pass a lot, then we can mix in some runs after they have backed up up a bit.

Considering the fact that our passing game is the only way we have scored points this year (except for the Seattle game), it might just work.

Coffee scored a RSH TD against the falcons
Originally posted by insanemike27:

2+3= 5
5+6= 11

1st and 10 not a punt

where did you go to school at?

Where did you go? Harvard??

Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by insanemike27:

2+3= 5
5+6= 11

1st and 10 not a punt

where did you go to school at?

He said loss of 3. It's not smart to talk about peoples education when you don't read something right.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I agree with him.

No i'm pretty sure he's saying by passing will slow down their pass rush. Cause he insinuates the same thing the next line down.

[ Edited by krizay on Oct 14, 2009 at 16:05:30 ]
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A

Or whatever variation. At least Gore doesn't need quite the hole that Coffee does.

But you're right. However they manage it - 3nO. Don't turn it over. But that doesn't mean play not to lose.

The 49ers have a fast receiver in Davis. Might Crabtree have speed? I don't know. But both downfield, where one or the other is supposed to make the catch. I don't see a chance for INT. So, first play of the game?

We'll see.

You dont slow down a pass rush by passing 90% of the time
nvm my reply was stupid lol

[ Edited by RonMexico on Oct 14, 2009 at 16:25:30 ]
Share 49ersWebzone