LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

I don't understand why everyone wants Hill benched

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
32 career games Smith has 31 ints and 19 TD's

18 career games Hill has 23TD's and 11 ints.

I suppose people here know more than Singletary. You guys should call Jed York and ask him to let you pick our personel and decide who should start. Don't forget to let him know about Alex's potential and upside.

Maybe you can get the job

No I let our coaches make those decisions.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I suppose people here know more than Singletary. You guys should call Jed York and ask him to let you pick our personel and decide who should start. Don't forget to let him know about Alex's potential and upside.

Well I do recall Alex being drafted in the 1st round and Hill not being drafted at all. Apparently a few people thought Alex was better.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by pd24:

Alex was like 21 in his 1st year starting, Hill is 29 and has been watching for like 6 years.

don't give me this smith is young crap he sucks and that's it there are a lot of very young QB's that are very good Ryan,Flacco,Sanchez etc.

When Ryan was drafted Atl fixed their O line, Flacco and Sanchez walked into great O lines and have had new guys drafted to support them. The talent on this team is much better then it was when we drafted Alex, that's a fact.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Alex was like 21 in his 1st year starting, Hill is 29 and has been watching for like 6 years.

don't give me this smith is young crap he sucks and that's it there are a lot of very young QB's that are very good Ryan,Flacco,Sanchez etc. and these guys didn't sit they started their 1st games as rookies

I wonder why we didn't move up a few spots to draft Flacco. I think because they saw that Balmer was falling to us and he was our guy.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 9ermj:

Maybe you can get the job

Be careful with stats...they can be very, very deceiving.

So shall we compare wins and losses then?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

don't give me this smith is young crap he sucks and that's it there are a lot of very young QB's that are very good Ryan,Flacco,Sanchez etc. and these guys didn't sit they started their 1st games as rookies

Im not saying Alex is great by any means but dont even try to compare the situations here. Falcons, Ravens and Jets are much much more talented then any 49er team of the last 5 years

Well I do recall Alex being drafted in the 1st round and Hill not being drafted at all. Apparently a few people thought Alex was better.

Potential
1 : existing in possibility : capable of development into actuality

Alex has potential, Hill has hit his 5 foot ceiling.
I don't understand it either. Is Alex going to start throwing TD after TD? Give me a break. Defenses are NOT going to respect that he has a stronger arm, they never have. Gore and Coffee are still going to get stuffed. If Alex plays it will be the same old, same old, then we'll start hearing chants for Nate Davis... The problem lies with the o-line and playcalling, and that is a problem we're just going to have to deal with this season.

Well said, but then, I'm sure we'll have an excuse for Alex...after all, he's the #1 overall pick so he has to be special! How could he be #1 if he wasn't special.
Please, we've seen enough. Neither Hill nor Smith are great, but I know that Hill has heart, and that's always worth a lot.
I'm sure after this season is over, we'll be looking for a long term QB, but based on what we have on our current roster, Hill is the right choice.

Yeah, those guys are good. And, our management seems to think we don't need to be looking for someone like Ryan, Flacco or Sanchez because we have Hill.

You Alex should start guys have exhausted me. I don't hate Alex, I like the guy. But he's not the answer to our problems. He needs to go to another team. Start fresh. Maybe one day he can be a starter in this league. I wish him well. Right now he would only come in if Hill gets hurt.

Hill may not be the future but I don't remember the season being 5 weeks long.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Im not saying Alex is great by any means but dont even try to compare the situations here. Falcons, Ravens and Jets are much much more talented then any 49er team of the last 5 years

Ryan, Flacco, and to a point Sanchez are the exceptions too. I can't think of one other rookie that has done what they have done in the last 10 years (except maybe Roethlisberger). It's just a big coincidence that they all came into their situations at (about) the same time.
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Well said, but then, I'm sure we'll have an excuse for Alex...after all, he's the #1 overall pick so he has to be special! How could he be #1 if he wasn't special.
Please, we've seen enough. Neither Hill nor Smith are great, but I know that Hill has heart, and that's always worth a lot.
I'm sure after this season is over, we'll be looking for a long term QB, but based on what we have on our current roster, Hill is the right choice.

Hmm. . . . I think most people just asking for a change, since Hill is clearly sucking the sh!t out of a donkey's a$$ right now. Why not see if Smith has any more luck to open it up for the running game?

Oh, that's right. Hill is a gamer. He's a leader. He's a warrior who's proven to just win games.

The fact is neither one of our top two quarterbacks are good. Neither one will lead us any where. However, Smith has shown that he can "manage" a team with a 1,700-yard back as the focal point.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

Potential
1 : existing in possibility : capable of development into actuality

Alex has potential, Hill has hit his 5 foot ceiling.

Scrub- void of talent , useless , weak armed

Originally posted by Squirrel:
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Hmm. . . . I think most people just asking for a change, since Hill is clearly sucking the sh!t out of a donkey's a$$ right now. Why not see if Smith has any more luck to open it up for the running game?

Oh, that's right. Hill is a gamer. He's a leader. He's a warrior who's proven to just win games.

The fact is neither one of our top two quarterbacks are good. Neither one will lead us any where. However, Smith has shown that he can "manage" a team with a 1,700-yard back as the focal point.
Was smith blocking for gore that year or something smith had nothing to do with gore getting 1600 yards that year
Share 49ersWebzone