LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

I don't understand why everyone wants Hill benched

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I like Hill, give him a few more games, if he sucks then we gotta get one final look at smith
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I can't wait till all you Hill Haters are eating crow when Hill leads us to the playoffs this year something Smith would never be able to do.

I don't know man. The Seahawks and Arizona seen to be getting better. I don't think we sweep both this year. We will win 8 games and one of those 2 will win 9.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Maybe some of you would like JT O'Sullivan back

No , but there are many ways to ineffective , Hill doesn't turn it over but he doesn't do anything with it either so what's the difference in the end
Originally posted by Squirrel:
No I know what it is. Some of you can't get over the fact that you have an Alex Smith jersey hanging in your closet. Maybe you paid $300 for an authentic or maybe it's always been your favorite and now you guys are pissed that you don't wear it as often. Maybe you thought he was the next Montana or Young.

My advice is to get over it.

My advice? Don't buy player jerseys. Waste of money.

Anyway, everyone take a look here:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_AVERAGE_YARDS&d-447263-n=1

It's the passing leaders sorted by average per pass. Captain Wounded Duck comes in at number 25. Behind him?

Kerry Collins
Seneca Wallace
Marc Bulger
Kyle Boller
Byron Leftwich
Chad Pennington
Matt Cassel
Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Josh Johnson
Derek Anderson

Not pretty.

This offense is not suited for long pass plays. Call out the OC for that.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Before Sunday's game, Hill had better numbers and more yards than Matt Ryan.

Just a thought.

Still pimping for your boy Hill after he showed again why he is Captain Wounded Duck? Pathetic.

LOL, I like the name.

I thought about Major Wounded Duck, but settle for Captain.

I just can't get over Josh Morgan telling Sing "It came down like a punt!" ...that is frickin hilarious!

But, it hit him in the hands, so he has to catch it.

Oh I totally agree that he should have caught that, but what he said is still funny, like...who the hell can throw punt-like balls?
I can't wait till all you Hill Haters are eating crow when Hill leads us to the playoffs this year something Smith would never be able to do.

Whew. Let me catch my breath.

Please. You're killing me here!

The only thing Captain Wounded Duck will lead us to is another lame season. That's all he is: LAME.
Originally posted by excelsior:
The vast majority here are convinced that Hill is not our long term answer. His heart is in the right place, but God did not bless him with the greatest physical abilities.

Before next year's draft this team must know whether Smith has a future with this team. If they conclude that he will never be good enough (and that it is too early to know with Davis), then they need to be ready to draft a top-flight QB in the first round.

However, they will not be able to make the determination about Smith unless they let him play no less than 8 games this year.

Smith's play was influenced by his limited college experience, his uncommon youth, and the team's failure to properly let him mature. With all of the above limitations, and with poor personnel surrounding him, they almost assured his failure. Confidence is an essential element in a successful QB. He had none to begin with, and for obvious reasons, was hardly was able to develop any.

It has been two full years since he has been able to play in regular season games, and for this reason he will need to be allowed some time to adjust to the game all over again. It will be awkward, at best, but by the end of this 8 game span, the coaches should be able to assess whether, with greater maturity and better players surrounding him, he can be the answer.

This is a great post. But dont let it seem like you want them to give up on the season to see what happens with Smith. Putting him in there serves the purposes you mention in your post and might also give the team a better chance to win more games this year too.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
After one bad game by Hill and his 1st loss at home I don't understand why everyone wants Singletary to bench Hill. Most of you people want Alex Smith to come in but what about all the bad years Smith gave us and Hill has ONE bad game and you guys want him benched.

They won't be happy until we have another Joe Montana or Steve Young. They were calling for him to be benched when we were winning games. They are just crybabies.

How can you two zoners make such general accusations? EVERYONE wants Hill benched? Really? We are ALL crybabies? Really? (BTW, name calling is tabu here and can get you banned)

Speak for yourselves, you don't know how ALL or EVERYONE of us feel.

The only thing Captain Wounded Duck will lead us to is another lame season. That's all he is: LAME.

Laugh all you want ur gonna be eating the most crow mr.squirrel
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by JD81:
Everyone wants Hill benched after one bad game because....

It's Niner Talk.

Best explanation yet. Niner Talk is like a drug. I tell myself to stop going to it, but I keep torturing myself by clicking on its threads

No I know what it is. Some of you can't get over the fact that you have an Alex Smith jersey hanging in your closet. Maybe you paid $300 for an authentic or maybe it's always been your favorite and now you guys are pissed that you don't wear it as often. Maybe you thought he was the next Montana or Young.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_AVERAGE_YARDS&d-447263-n=1

It's the passing leaders sorted by average per pass. Captain Wounded Duck comes in at number 25. Behind him?

Kerry Collins
Seneca Wallace
Marc Bulger
Kyle Boller
Byron Leftwich
Chad Pennington
Matt Cassel
Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Josh Johnson
Derek Anderson

Not pretty.

Not with Hill @ QB it isn't. Not suited for medium or short pass plays either as long as he is in there and plays like he has through 20 quarters of football this season.

You do realize that when Gore and the D score all the points that doesn't mean Hill lead us to the playoffs right?
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Everyone wants Hill benched after one bad game because....

It's Niner Talk.

Best explanation yet. Niner Talk is like a drug. I tell myself to stop going to it, but I keep torturing myself by clicking on its threads

JD81 are u JD from sactown? I really enjoy watching your youtube vids

Kerry Collins
Seneca Wallace
Marc Bulger
Kyle Boller
Byron Leftwich
Chad Pennington
Matt Cassel
Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Josh Johnson
Derek Anderson

Not pretty.

Really? That's why Elvis Grbac had a 7.6 yard average in 2000 when Raye was the coordinator? (Coincidentally, that was his third highest average and best as a starter).
Originally posted by jreff22:

You do realize that when Gore and the D score all the points that doesn't mean Hill lead us to the playoffs right?
Share 49ersWebzone