LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

I don't understand why everyone wants Hill benched

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Hey, I'd like to see Alex too, but I'll give Hill at least a chance to redeem himself. If, with changes and an extra week to prepare, he still can't -- no excuses. The bench could await, and I'd be fine with that decision then.

I don't want to argue who is better between the 2 right now, but I disagree with you about not playing the better player. If Smith is the best then he should play. That's what good coaches do - they play the better player and not wait until things get worse.

IMO, Davis is better than both of them right now. Play him! Why can't he if Ryan, Flacco, Stafford and Sanchez can? I believe he has it.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pigskin:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Hey, I'd like to see Alex too, but I'll give Hill at least a chance to redeem himself. If, with changes and an extra week to prepare, he still can't -- no excuses. The bench could await, and I'd be fine with that decision then.

I don't want to argue who is better between the 2 right now, but I disagree with you about not playing the better player. If Smith is the best then he should play. That's what good coaches do - they play the better player and not wait until things get worse.

IMO, Davis is better than both of them right now. Play him! Why can't he if Ryan, Flacco, Stafford and Sanchez can? I believe he has it.

I actually agree, but I'm watching the Falcons game right now, and a lot of it isn't Hill's fault. The OL play is pathetic. Smith and Davis won't be able to survive the year with this OL.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
also, no Shaun has not had several bad games.......

So you're saying five bad games in a row is more than several?

Semantics.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
also, as far as ranking near worst in the league in total yardages.... I don't know....hmmmm maybe that has to do with him ALSO having near the lowest attempts in the league as well....I don't know

He said "Most offensive passing categories", not just total yards. Hill is in the bottom 3rd in pretty much all of them. That includes categories that are averages that have ZERO to do with attempts.
Do you understand now?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Do you understand now?
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Do you understand now?

Now I suppose Smith extremists will see this as a victory...even though WE LOST THE ********* GAME.

Neither QB is great, IMO. Smith played much better today but I still haven't seen enough from EITHER to call him our QB of the future. I have more faith in our #3 than our 1 OR 2 and that's not saying much at all...
Originally posted by trellblaze1:
Do you understand now?

Now I suppose Smith extremists will see this as a victory...even though WE LOST THE ********* GAME.

Neither QB is great, IMO. Smith played much better today but I still haven't seen enough from EITHER to call him our QB of the future. I have more faith in our #3 than our 1 OR 2 and that's not saying much at all...

it really isn't saying much

considering you just said we haven't seen enough from either QB but for some reason you have more faith in the 3rd guy who you have seen nothing from other than meaningless preseason games
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Do you understand now?

considering you just said we haven't seen enough from either QB but for some reason you have more faith in the 3rd guy who you have seen nothing from other than meaningless preseason games

But unlike you guys I'm not calling the 3rd guy our QB of the future. I simply said I have more faith in him. Try again, please...
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
After one bad game by Hill and his 1st loss at home I don't understand why everyone wants Singletary to bench Hill. Most of you people want Alex Smith to come in but what about all the bad years Smith gave us and Hill has ONE bad game and you guys want him benched.

Do you understand now?

But unlike you guys I'm not calling the 3rd guy our QB of the future. I simply said I have more faith in him. Try again, please...

your brilliant
I think Shaun Hill has reached his plateau and he can't take us any farther.

It was a good ride but NFL defenses have figured him out and his lack of arm-strength and athleticism can no longer be overcome by his moxie and grit.
  • Mex49
Do you understand now?

Try again? Actually, I think he already made you look kind of silly
That's why!

So I guess Daivs is the new hope for the Smith Haters....JTO made them look stupid, Hill made them look stupid, and now they want to look stupid again...

Had Smith been the starter all year we would have a better record. We would have won today, we would have also beat the Vikings.

Smith can throw the ball down the field, Smith is better at converting 3rd downs. Smith can make more throws.

Alex Smith is our starter and he's going to be our starter.
Share 49ersWebzone