There are 190 users in the forums

Who Was Covering R. White?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Was White's yardage a total defense issue or was it Spencer, or Clements, or what?
On the TD play after the timeout in the 1st quater, White burned Goldson to toast. It wasn't even close.

On the other TD play, Clements was pressing him. Clements went for the ball but missed and Roman was too slow to catch him.

-9fA
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Nate
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Apparently...no one
My 88-year old mother
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
On the TD play after the timeout in the 1st quater, White burned Goldson to toast. It wasn't even close.

On the other TD play, Clements was pressing him. Clements went for the ball but missed and Roman was too slow to catch him.

-9fA

Pretty much exactly how it happened. Clements should have tackled White, but Jesus Christ did Roman take the worst angle I've ever seen.
speed kills. Our guys could not hold White or Jenkins jockstrap in a foot race.

Puzzling why Dre thought he was actually outrunning everybody? Its like have you not noticed your unit has been getting burned all day long
The cameramen. They had the best coverage all day.
Nate screwed up big on a long TD run by RWhite, thats all i really care to remember.
I think he calls himself "lockdown".

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Here's Roddy White's highlight video

He beat everybody.

He beat Goldson on the corner route
He beat Clements several times
He beat Spencer several times
Roman is just flat out slow. On the 90yd TD, I'm not sure what coverage the 49ers were in. They weren't in cover 2 because Lewis on the LOS. I don't know if they were in man coverage because Spencer lets Jenkins run completely free across the field, which of course of forced Roman to come up and cover Jenkins.

It looks like a Cover 1 since Clements, Bly, and Lewis play man with Roman deep. But because Spencer lets Jenkins runs free across the middle, Roman has to come up and defend him. Clements, on the other hand, thinks Roman is covering his ass so he plays the ball and of course misses. And now its a foot race.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Roman took a horrible angle. He was supposed to be contain but he failed once again.
Originally posted by NickV:
Nate
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Share 49ersWebzone