There are 190 users in the forums

Will we see a suprise bye week shake up?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will we see a suprise bye week shake up?

I f**king hope so...
Bruce released to make room for Crabtree.

Smith, Gore, Crabtree, Jones, Davis, Morgan and an O-line shake up.
I wonder if Sing pulled down his pants again after the Falcon game
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Wraggle in for Chilo.

Lewis might not be back so sadly Roman will likely play but Reggie Smith might finally see some playing time.

Also, Hopefully Terrell Brown takes some snaps from bly for his stupid play and even stupider comments.

And Bruce to the bench!
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Bruce released to make room for Crabtree.

Smith, Gore, Crabtree, Jones, Davis, Morgan and an O-line shake up.

wtf? kinda extreme there buddy
Definitely some OL changes. No way it's a QB shakeup. Maybe crabs hits the field a little more than previously anticipated and that's about it.
Originally posted by alpha81:
I HOPE

Wouldnt you guys wanna see Alex Smith under center, Gore, and Crabtree at receiver. I think it would be better than this ridicoulous offense we have seen.

can everyone just make up their minds on a guy a stick to it. Alex smith is in and you want Shaun Hill; Shaun Hill is in and now you want Alex Smith....cmon people, thats just silly.

Tom Brady couldn't do s**t behind that leaky oline. It looks like were playing 3 guys on the o line instead of 5.
Give wragge and wallace all the snaps this next two weeks and see if they can play. IF not, get rid of wallace, and sit wragge. But worst part is , rachal has fallen off, and is obviously uncertain of himself. We need an OL coach consultant in the worst kind of way, for the team and for rachal in particular. We won't get a decent OL coach this time of yr, but next yr, top of the list of things to do. Also, as GM and i have been preaching, two OL picks with our first two drafts, and if it is an OG, that's okay too.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Give wragge and wallace all the snaps this next two weeks and see if they can play. IF not, get rid of wallace, and sit wragge. But worst part is , rachal has fallen off, and is obviously uncertain of himself. We need an OL coach consultant in the worst kind of way, for the team and for rachal in particular. We won't get a decent OL coach this time of yr, but next yr, top of the list of things to do. Also, as GM and i have been preaching, two OL picks with our first two drafts, and if it is an OG, that's okay too.

Fire Gregg Foster and Jerry Sullivan!
Singletary is not going to make any changes over one poor showing. This is one poor game people. That's all it is. Take it easy. You don't start benching people after one poor effort.

This is a YOUNG team and a YOUNG line. Let me stress YOUNG. Chilo is just a babe in the woods. It's his second year people. His first as a starter.

Young teams will drive you NUTS with inconsistency. Expect it. It's going to happen. Anyone watch the Giants this year (by Giants -- I mean baseball)? Did they drive you insane with uneven performances from week to week? This is what young teams do people. Get over it.

The worst move Singletary could make right now is to bench ANYONE after a game like this.

Calm down kids. The ride is going to get rougher than this.

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Fire Gregg Foster and Jerry Sullivan!

We always want to fire the coach. A college coach once told me you can't get sugar out of sh!t.
Originally posted by matt49er:
we won't because it's to early in the season. I can see a minor switch on the OL or J.Hill/B.Jones moving up the depth chart at WR but that's about it. No QB switch, no huges waves by a bunch of guys losing there spots, no suprise cuts (although I wouldn't mind Bly getting the ax!) and no Crabtree's plan will not be accelerated into a major role.

For one bad play? You have to admit prior to yesterday he's been our best nickle back in a long long time.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Singletary is not going to make any changes over one poor showing. This is one poor game people. That's all it is. Take it easy. You don't start benching people after one poor effort.

This is a YOUNG team and a YOUNG line. Let me stress YOUNG. Chilo is just a babe in the woods. It's his second year people. His first as a starter.

Young teams will drive you NUTS with inconsistency. Expect it. It's going to happen. Anyone watch the Giants this year (by Giants -- I mean baseball)? Did they drive you insane with uneven performances from week to week? This is what young teams do people. Get over it.

The worst move Singletary could make right now is to bench ANYONE after a game like this.

Calm down kids. The ride is going to get rougher than this.

I agree 100%.
Maybe give a couple of looks at the O-Line, but don't do anything major. Think about it, sometime this is the best thing that can happen to a team. We should be 4-1 and I truly feel our guys (Including Singletary) might have been a little too confident going into this game. It was a wake-up call that in my opinion was needed.
I just wish it was against a different team(My Uncle is a Falcons fan)
Originally posted by kingairta:
Originally posted by matt49er:
we won't because it's to early in the season. I can see a minor switch on the OL or J.Hill/B.Jones moving up the depth chart at WR but that's about it. No QB switch, no huges waves by a bunch of guys losing there spots, no suprise cuts (although I wouldn't mind Bly getting the ax!) and no Crabtree's plan will not be accelerated into a major role.

For one bad play? You have to admit prior to yesterday he's been our best nickle back in a long long time.

And putting aside the boneheaded fumble, he made a nice play on that pick.
I would like to see Tony Wragge replace either David Baas or Chilo Rachal, whoever is playing the worst out of the two. We didn't sign Brandon Jones to be a back up. He has to be able to give us more than what Isaac Bruce is giving us this year.

Allen Rossum has to be reactivated. Allen gives us a better chance of returning free kicks (kickoffs) and scrimmage kicks (punts) than Arnez Battle and Delanie Walker.

Shaun Hill is hanging on by a thin string in my opinion. He has struggled in preseason and the first five games of this season. In order for Alex to have won the starting QB job this year he had to knock the champ out (Shaun Hill) and Alex didn't do that in the preseason. With that being said, I think Alex and Shaun played to a draw in the first preseason game and Alex played better than Shaun in the second preseason game. The last thing the 49ers need is a QB controversy, but at some point in this season we need to see if Alex has anything left in the tank. If not we need to cut Alex at the end of the year and trade for a QB or draft a QB next year to compete with Nate Davis for the starting QB job.
Share 49ersWebzone