LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

What About Tony Wragge?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
I think changes have to be made.

Looks like I may have been on to something here...

Quote:
MattMaiocco: 49ers RG Chilo Rachal's starting job in doubt, Singletary says. Tony Wragge could be option.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I remember when Wragge was in there the line sure looked a lot better. Considering Rachal and Baas were both 2nd rounders they should be MUCH better than they have shown. Gs taken that high are usually the 1st or 2nd at the position, meaning they should step in and be pretty good immediately ( see: Ben Grubbs). Baas has been here as long as Smith and produced about as well. Rachal is currently rated as the worst interior lineman in the league at pulling (J Smiley is #1 by the way) and just plain can't pass block. Replacing one or both, if nothing else to send a message, is an option I am on board with.
I like Wragge. Always have. It's just a damn shame 2 second round guards are not panning out.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I remember when Wragge was in there the line sure looked a lot better. Considering Rachal and Baas were both 2nd rounders they should be MUCH better than they have shown. Gs taken that high are usually the 1st or 2nd at the position, meaning they should step in and be pretty good immediately ( see: Ben Grubbs). Baas has been here as long as Smith and produced about as well. Rachal is currently rated as the worst interior lineman in the league at pulling (J Smiley is #1 by the way) and just plain can't pass block. Replacing one or both, if nothing else to send a message, is an option I am on board with.

I agree with you completely but I remember Baas being at RG and Wraage being at LG. This is what I think we need to do, Baas is more experienced than Rachel and RG is his strongest position. I'm not saying Baas is great or trying to give him an excuse but up until this season he has been mostly a RG not LG, I think we should try moving him back and inserting Wraage at LG.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
In defense of Chilo he is still a young player (yea i know its pretty much and excuse) and in total he hasn't started 16 games yet. Remember he was plugged into the O-line last season for the MNF game.

Changes do need to be made and I think we should sit him and let our O-line coach just work on him cause at times he shows that power in both the run and passing game we often see out of him.
I like the idea of bringing in Wragge at LG and Baas at RG.Chilo needs some good O-line coaching and our O-line coach just plain sucks. thats a change that needs to be made this offseason or before. ell Warhop coached better than this and he sucks too! Wragee is not the long term solution but I think it will be better moving forward with him in the lineup.
WTF ???

Every time this guy comes in positive things start to happen. Not saying he's the answer to all our O-Line problems. But this guys always plays well.

Why doesn't he get any playing time ?? I think he may be our best lineman.

IMO better than Heitmann too. Heitmann is a WAY overrated center.
Share 49ersWebzone