LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

What About Tony Wragge?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Should he be moved into the starting offensive line? Maybe as a Guard or Tackle... I remember him usually playing well when given the opportunity.

Put him at LG, Baas at RG, Rachal benched.
Hate to say it but he isn't the answer either. Although very controversial on the board, when it comes to the draft the man knows his stuff. MadDog has invited the idea of OG Mike Iupati:

As for the pick in the latter portion of the first round, one guy that jumps off the screen to me is mammoth LG Mike Iupati, from Idaho. All I can say is, "WOW". I saw him play last week, and he is tall, big, and big. Did I say BIG. Not fat at all. Just a big, broad, mountain. Great, great footwork. Looks like a tackle, not a guard, but just crushes people. Really, really impressive, and a guy you are going to hear about A LOT in the next six months.

Right now if he's the best OG coming out I say we find a way to get him!!!!
wow he's ugly

f**k it. start him. we need something. our o-line is the worst.
Originally posted by 49ersfan:

or put him at RT and cut Pashos and Sims. Cant get any worse than this.
Originally posted by jones49:

I feel your pain but that would be a VERY bad idea.
Originally posted by jreff22:

You really think he would be worse than Sims or Pashos, or even worse than Chilo at RG. Thats almost impossible.

This.

Chilo is killing us much more than Baas right now.

You really think he would be worse than Sims or Pashos, or even worse than Chilo at RG. Thats almost impossible.

If you cut Pashos and Sims who is going to backup LT and RT?

If you cut Pashos and Sims who is going to backup LT and RT?

No one. Whats worse???

This and hurry please!
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

This and hurry please!

Sing has to do something to shake that line up. It's just not working with the 5 they have in there now.

That's what I'm thinking, I like Michigan football and I never remember Baas playing on the left side. He played pretty well at RG last season when Sing took over and many of us were wondering if he should get an extension and reports were saying that he wanted big $. He's def got the talent and the size I believe he's being played out of position or is having trouble adjusting. Moving him to RG would give us a chance to develope the young Rachal like we are Balmer. Wraage has been solid enough to extend his contract each of the last 2 years I say give him a shot.
I think changes have to be made.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
I think after the bye we will see some change on the O-Line most likely that one of the guards is replaced in the strating line up by Wragge, at this point I think Rachal has to be the most likely candidate.

At the start of the year I was thinking I would like to see the Niners extend Baas contract, as he becomes a FA at the end of the season, but in fairness his play over the 4 and 1/4 seasons doesnt warrant it. Had a lot of injuries and hasnt performed to a high 2nd Round pick standard. Although his issues aren't as glaringly bad as Rachal at the moment.

This might get laughed off but what is Jonas Jennings doing at the moment? If healthy and willing to play on a vet minimum deal (lets be honest he doesn;t need the money after the last contract he had with us ) is a major upgrade at RT.
Share 49ersWebzone