LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 196 users in the forums

Should we let the tampering of Crabtree go, as suggested?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
The problem with this situation is that it is potentially damaging to the niners. If the league office can't come up with anything at all or insufficient evidence they can rule against us and nail us to the wall for slander. That might mean loss of picks and or fines levied against the niners.

What?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
The problem with this situation is that it is potentially damaging to the niners. If the league office can't come up with anything at all or insufficient evidence they can rule against us and nail us to the wall for slander. That might mean loss of picks and or fines levied against the niners.

What?

~Ceadder

Yeah...what?

[ Edited by Rojo49 on Oct 11, 2009 at 07:20:37 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Peion Sanders is coming up next on NFL network to talk about Crabtree.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Hell No!

Especially since the league didn't do us any favors for a MUCH lesser tampering situation. One where we had an active dialogue with the team in question about a trade and had a gray area situation about finding out the potential terms of a long term contract that would be needed if we did complete the trade.

And we didn't even have the conversation, we just kind of, sort of, tried to have it, but no harm was done.

This has caused serious harm to our team and potentially could have really hurt the whole NFL if we caved and busted the slotting system or if he did hold out and get a better contract from someone else.

The NFL didn't make the Bears drop the charges against us "for the good of the league", so I'll be damned if we should return the favor.

These are the facts. The NFL came down a little too hard on us for something less than what is going down with the Jets IMO.

[ Edited by TheCatch on Oct 11, 2009 at 08:13:15 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What a ghetto talking fool.
Here is what troubles me. Sanders is claiming that he heard it from Parker, who in turn was told by the 49ers, that two teams tried to trade for Craptree. If this is true, and there is nothing more, then it was the 49ers who blew when they told Parker. Once they did that, Parker was free to tell his client and anyone else for that matter.

But Sanders could be lying. It is a waste of time evaluating the merits of the 49ers' claim of tampering unless we knew all the facts, which we do not.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Let it go?

How about a "Hell to the no"?

• Mex49
Just float us a few picks in next years draft and we will forget all about it.

Hey New York, suck my dick!!!!!
HELL NO!
I found this statement interesting on a Jets website.

One poster said "Check out Goodell's twitter page, the only 2 players he follows are NYJ QB Mark Sanchez and NYJ C Nick Mangold. You also might want to look into his days as an intern for the Jets. Can you smell the cover up?".

I dont follow all this twitter and blog stuff because ..Well I dont know how to... but just another angle to look from. Maybe one of you knowledgable guys that do twitter can post or tell me how to get there? I didnt know he had so much history with the Jets.

• kray28
  • Veteran
So that might explain Goodell handing off the investigation to two other teams. He has a potential conflict of interest here.

If he did hand it off though....he needs to completely recuse himself and not attempt to sway the outcome by telling the Niners what to do.
Originally posted by kezar49er:

One poster said "Check out Goodell's twitter page, the only 2 players he follows are NYJ QB Mark Sanchez and NYJ C Nick Mangold. You also might want to look into his days as an intern for the Jets. Can you smell the cover up?".

I dont follow all this twitter and blog stuff because ..Well I dont know how to... but just another angle to look from. Maybe one of you knowledgable guys that do twitter can post or tell me how to get there? I didnt know he had so much history with the Jets.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
No, if they get away with it they will just do it again

I agree.
Please take out wobble ball Hill! He sucks!
Originally posted by kezar49er:

If the Jets go free here this will be some complete BS! Crabtree held out because his agent told him about this crap. Deion got away with it because the 2 teams that were trying to trade for Crabtree probably was told by the 9ers to Parker then Parker had contact with the Jets and Crabs knew he would get his $ that's why he held out! we should get a min of one 1st round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone