There are 246 users in the forums

How soon will it be until BigMike plays Craps?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How soon will it be until BigMike plays Craps?

• mod
  • Veteran
This is getting ridiculous
It would be incredibly foolish for management to put 'Tree on the field. He hasn't even been in pads since his bowl game last January. Nor does he have any concept of the playbook, protocal, process or NFL game speed. He's weeks away from being ready to step on the field. Coach Sing already said he wouldn't dress until the Houston game, which seems a bit soon, but if it's only in minimal duty and some specific packages, it might be OK.

MC will help the offense some, but don't expect Pro Bowl performances from him. O-line and situational play calling must improve dramatically for this offense to be effective; especially against the better teams.

Have you read nothing but Niner Talk today?

He's supposed to play in Houston according to Tha Man himself, Mike Singletary.

after the bye. He has two weeks to get some reps in with the QB's to develop a little timing. That's my guess.
i think its time to lock this one down...just an opinion
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
I hope we get some more Crabtree threads soon
Houston
I thought that Singletary made this very clear ....... Crabs will get worked in slowly with a package of plays at first ....... probably the Houston game if he is ready.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I'm thinking against the Falcons. A handful of plays for Crabtree inside the 15yrds. Would not be surprised if he end up making a TD catch

That would be awesome. The crowd would go crazy, and aaaaall would be forgiven.

I really doubt it
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
I thought that Singletary made this very clear ....... Crabs will get worked in slowly with a package of plays at first ....... probably the Houston game if he is ready.

i dodnt see the press confrence and playing after the bye week makes sense but does that mean hes not gonna play at all against atlanta cause we are gonna need him especially since we dont have gore

That's a really myopic opinion. Putting 'Tree on the field vs. Atlanta (which is not going to happen per Coach Sing) would be more of a liability to both the team and Crabtree. He doesn't know the offensive package. He hasn't played a game since last January and he has little to no concept of NFL game speed and protocal.

49er's will do fine without him vs. Atlanta. It will be a tough game for the Niner's to be sure. But enough of this thread and the sophomoric thinking that Crabtree should be playing in an NFL game this Sunday. He's far from ready to play or contribute at this juncture. Here's to slowly indoctrinating him into the system and the game.

But I would caution putting him on your fantasy roster for awhile.
Apologies to theGore49er, sorry i missed it.

As for the responses, i am amazed that more folks don't want to see Craps get at least the equivalent of TC behind him, not to mention OTA time, to help prevent him from developing one of those nagging injuries that come from too much physicality, too soon. I repeat, if he gets a hammy, a knee, a high ankle sprain, plantar fasciitis, from starting too soon, i will be doubly sick...first the holdout followed by an injury means we signed a two time Biletnikoff winner(1st one in history) only to play him too soon and then lose him to an injury because he hadn't had enough time to get in football game shape.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:

i dodnt see the press confrence and playing after the bye week makes sense but does that mean hes not gonna play at all against atlanta cause we are gonna need him especially since we dont have gore

Singletary : As I look forward, it’s going to be a process. Mike will not play this week. We have already applied for a roster exemption, and we will hear back from that and go from there. Hopefully, after the bye, Mike will be ready to go.
Share 49ersWebzone