LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

Has Cabtree had a playbook this whole time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What do u think. this is a serious question!!!
nope.
Yep, and he's probably been selling it to other teams, that sneaky kangaroo rat...
I assumed that he would have one... during OTA's dont they start that???
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Yep, and he's probably been selling it to other teams, that sneaky kangaroo rat...

Stupid unnessesary comments...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I would think it wouldn't be too wise to give a guy with out a contract a play book, that wouldn't make sense.
  • DJD
  • Veteran

This would explain how he wasn't short for cash all this time.
Originally posted by mikeyc2281:

...in reply to stupid, unnecessary questions.
I assumed that he would have one... during OTA's dont they start that???

maybe he saw some of it during OTAs, I'm not sure about that, but he's not allowed to have one if he's not an actual member of the team, so he hasn't been able to study it all this time.
Nope, he didn't have one. Raye does not let players take playbooks home.

Absolutely Not!...It came out before training camp that no draft choice would have a playbook untill signed. And that the playbook could not be removed from the Niners Santa Clara Facility. Given the amount of time away from the team...He has no clue and will likely receive the playbook today
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
No. Jimmy Raye does not allow playbooks to leave HQ. Guess he's afraid teams might learn our 4 plays.

ok Mr Serious
Why would he need a all run playbook for? So he knows who to block?
  • ForeverYoung08
  • Info N/A
Maybe he was given a playbook, but I doubt he's looked at it. It's not like they were 100% certain that he was going to be a 49er eventually, so why would he study a playbook for a team he might have never taken a snap for? Plus, if you're in the middle of a holdout trying to negotiate more money, studying a playbook and acting like you're eventually going to play wouldn't really give you any leverage whatsoever...
Share 49ersWebzone