LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

kudos to the Front Office

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Maybe we should wait and see how these tampering charges turn out.

It doesn't really matter how they turn out. It may have been nothing more than a symbolic gesture, but the message was clear to the rest of the league. The 49ers are back and they are mad as hell for having been a laughing stock for the past 6 years.

The 49ers are reclaiming their rightful spot as an premier franchise and they are not taking $hit from any other teams anymore. We will be the one fleecing the of league in trades and FA moves.

We are back!!

Exactly!
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Maybe we should wait and see how these tampering charges turn out.

I hear that one, kind of don't count your eggs until they hatch.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I wouldn't call the front office top tier until they finalize a new stadium.

First of all I would like to say that I think Jed might be better than I imagined. Can't really think of a guy younger than myself being the President of an NFL franchise, never the less my beloved 49ers. I was a bit worried to say the least. Giving Singletary (If that was his decision) the full time gig was a great start.

But on the stadium...i'd have to say they (the whole organization) were sleeping on this one. The NFL had a fund set up for teams to build stadiums with NFL participation. That fund is now dry. I still can't believe the lowly Cardinals got a kick arse new stadium with no merit whatsoever while Candlestick rots in the bay.
  • 49reasons
  • Info N/A
Kudos to people who don't say Kudos!
Sorry for some unexplained reason i never have liked the word

lol
  • nooj
  • Veteran
When Jed York introduced Singletary as our new permanent coach last year, he promised it would be the last time we fail to make the playoffs. I was skeptical of this promise, but it looks like York will come through. I don't want to count my chickens, but @ 3-0 in the division, we have a great chance to take the NFC West crown.

This whole Santa Clara stadium deal is his baby too. If he can manage to get this done, he will take a step closer to becoming like his Uncle Eddie, whom he idolizes.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I wouldn't call the front office top tier until they finalize a new stadium.

But on the stadium...i'd have to say they (the whole organization) were sleeping on this one. The NFL had a fund set up for teams to build stadiums with NFL participation. That fund is now dry. I still can't believe the lowly Cardinals got a kick arse new stadium with no merit whatsoever while Candlestick rots in the bay.

sorry but that thing was dry fast. how many teams did it help out? and then, go figure, NY got 2 shares of it.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
good job mc hammer

I'm just going to let myself get caught up in the excitement that we just signed the biggest playmaker we've had in a while at this position, and ignore the fact that Crabtree has put his future in the hands of Deion and Hammer....if I here next that he's hired T.O. as his PR Consultant then I'll really be worried.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
good job mc hammer

I'm just going to let myself get caught up in the excitement that we just signed the biggest playmaker we've had in a while at this position, and ignore the fact that Crabtree has put his future in the hands of Deion and Hammer....if I here next that he's hired T.O. as his PR Consultant then I'll really be worried.

Crabtree will be along side singletary for the most part. um not to worried.
I will say the front office has improved substantially. They have expanded and updated the facility to the benefit of the players, Jed has helped with bridging the chasm between Eddie and his parents and Eddie has publically stated his commitment to helping Jed get the stadium, they handled the Crabtree situation about as well as any organization can and have garnered considerable respect from other NFL GM’s and media.

Jed gets the stadium deal done and the Niners do make the playoffs this year then yes our front organizations reputation will be dramatically improved.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I agree, good job front office.

+1

+2

Things have definitely changed for the better since Jed has become President. They have a very good front office team now and it's really good to see. All it took was for Parker and Crabtree to sit down and the deal got done...quickly. Who'da thunk M.C. Hammer helped get the two sides together...guess he learned from his own financial failures and is now helping youngsters like Crabtree. Good on him.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Oh, it matters if they stick or not. If they don't, you can bet your sweet ass the NFL will come after the niners for fraudulent charges.

Like the NFL went after the Packers for filing tampering accusations against the Vikings regarding Brett Favre in 2008?

Oh, wait.
Share 49ersWebzone