LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

Tony Pashos/Adam Snyder

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/10/snyder-holding.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

Looks like Snyder is taking the RT position...anyone else disappointed? I was hoping Pashos would come in here and be an upgrade. Nothing against Snyder I hope he can settle in and get the job done but has not thus far. I think it's clear we need an upgrade at the position with one of our 1st round picks next year.
I hope we get our RT in the draft next year!
I'm just thankful our starting RT is no longer named Sims.
Originally posted by NinerForLife:

+1000000000000000
I wouldn't have expected Pashos to come in and take over for Snyder from the get-go. Lets face it, the Jags must have had a pretty good reason to completely cut ties with him.

He's simply here for depth because besides Sims, there was no other backup T once Smith left.

-9fA
If we had drafted Oher we'd be 10 years ahead of this mess, he was the #1 guy on our board and we blew it.

You can have all the glittery WRs in the world and won't mean s**t unless you have a line that'll allow your QB to throw the f**king ball.

Oh, and this:

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 3, 2009 at 21:24:51 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If we had drafted Oher we'd be 10 years ahead of this mess, he was the #1 guy on our board and we blew it.

You can have all the glittery WRs in the world and won't mean s**t unless you have a line that'll allow your QB to throw the f**king ball.

Oh, and this:

Find me a link where it says that and then i'll believe you.

-9fA
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Oh, and this:

Find me a link where it says that and then i'll believe you.

-9fA

LOL. Exactly.
Pashos is the better player but he hasn't been here long and is probably not in tune with the chemistry of the overall team.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Pashos is the better player but he hasn't been here long and is probably not in tune with the chemistry of the overall team.

that's what i thought until all the articles lately have said that Snyder is seperating himself and Sing likes his play. I feel like RT is the weakest part of our OL and Rachel could use a vet on the same side as him. how long does it take to get in tune anyway?

You're right, right now Snyder is the better player only because he has more familiarity with the offense. When Pashos gets more attuned to what the niners OLine is all about, he will probably supplant Snyder
On a sad side note Oher has completely sured up Bmore's oline at RT. The team continues to not address this problem
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I wouldn't have expected Pashos to come in and take over for Snyder from the get-go. Lets face it, the Jags must have had a pretty good reason to completely cut ties with him.

He's simply here for depth because besides Sims, there was no other backup T once Smith left.

-9fA

They had a good reason, they wanted him to play guard and take a pay cut. he said no so bye bye
I was surprised also that Pashos didn't offer an upgrade right away - that is a bit disappointing, and goes to show why there wasn't a ton of competition for him when he was cut.

But, we'll see what happens after the bye week. Snyder always seems to get nicked up, so there may be a window for Pashos to move into the line-up and prove himself better.

(By the way, giving up a sack in his first action for us in game 2 didn't do him any favors, LOL)
  • irief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:

You're right, right now Snyder is the better player only because he has more familiarity with the offense. When Pashos gets more attuned to what the niners OLine is all about, he will probably supplant Snyder

I don't buy that he's that much more talented than Snyder, and they only reason Snyder is starting is because he has been with the unit longer. If we picked up a qaulity starting caliber Tackle on Monday, he would be starting on Sunday and producing positive results.
I don't buy that the only reason JAX let him go was because of money. There is a reason why JAX drafted another tackle, after they already drafted Monroe. There is a reason we only had to pay peanuts for this guy. There is a reason why very few teams outside of us were pusuing him to fill a starting role at Tackle. All of this points to how he really has declined to being a back up level talent.

Its great that the niners were able to pick him up to add to the depth for RT. Problem is that we have two back up level players and no starter quality players for the RT spot.
Share 49ersWebzone