LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 167 users in the forums

Players we MUST retain!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by King49er:
We could start by signing our top draft pick...

not at the the price he wants only the slotted price

I PRAY that we CUT CRABBIE PATTIE!!!

Get rid of him and bring in Sponge Bob! Attitude produces 100 times more than negativeness!

That a real word?

Get rid of him and bring in Sponge Bob! Attitude produces 100 times more than negativeness!

That a real word?

Maybe he was thinking of the word negativity
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Let's resign these guys before we lose them! I'm not sure who's contracts are about to expire in the next year or two, but we need to reinvest into the following players. Maybe AB can clarify for us.

Offense:
Vernon Davis
Chilo Rachel
Joe Staley
Josh Morgan
Frank Gore
Nate Davis

Defense:
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Paris Haralson
Manny???
Spencer
Nate Clements
Tarrel Brown
Dashon Goldson

Special Teams
Andy Lee

Anyone else???

I don't know that Josh Morgan and his 7 catches for 85 yards so far this season (37 catches and 453 yards pace) has quite ascended to the level of a player that we must retain just yet.

Is there some1 else on the roster that merits him not being retained?

Besides Bruce I can't think of any WR that is more important then him. We do need a true #1 though
I know Aubrayo Franklin is having his best year here in his contract year (big surprise), but he is playing at a VERY high level.

Does anyone thing we should be taking a run at extending him for two or three years before he hits the open market?

He's not Wilfork, but he's keeping Willis & Spikes clean and he should be a lot cheaper.
Originally posted by backontop:

That a real word?

Maybe he was thinking of the word negativity

Negativityness.
Let's resign these guys before we lose them! I'm not sure who's contracts are about to expire in the next year or two, but we need to reinvest into the following players. Maybe AB can clarify for us.

Offense:
Vernon Davis
Chilo Rachel
Joe Staley
Josh Morgan
Frank Gore
Nate Davis

Defense:
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Paris Haralson
Manny???
Spencer
Nate Clements
Tarrel Brown
Dashon Goldson

Special Teams
Andy Lee

Anyone else???

What is so good about Chilo? He is getting thrown around like a rag doll in pass blocking. Even Singletary when miked says he wants to kick Chilo's butt.

What is so good about Spencer?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Offense:
Vernon Davis
Chilo Rachel
Joe Staley
Josh Morgan
Frank Gore
Nate Davis

Defense:
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Paris Haralson
Manny???
Spencer
Nate Clements
Tarrel Brown
Dashon Goldson

Special Teams
Andy Lee

Anyone else???

What is so good about Chilo? He is getting thrown around like a rag doll in pass blocking. Even Singletary when miked says he wants to kick Chilo's butt.

Spencer is doing a good job in coverage.
Spencers doing a great job in coverage.....there's a reason he's starring. I love watching the other teams going three and out cause Spencer and Nate break up their passes.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

lol @ SanDiego.

Spencer has not given up a Touchdown so far this season. Nate has given up three. I'll try to find more stats, but IMO Spencer has played better then Nate has.

Offense:
Vernon Davis
Chilo Rachel
Joe Staley
Josh Morgan
Frank Gore
Nate Davis

Defense:
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Paris Haralson
Manny???
Spencer
Nate Clements
Tarrel Brown
Dashon Goldson

Special Teams
Andy Lee

Anyone else???

He's never been good and I don't expect him to be this year either. On the plus side he seems to be trying harder than in years past after he got his bigger contract. He seemed to stop fighting hard after that. But he may be another guy Singletary lite a fire under. The best thing we ever had on this team in the last ten years is Singletary. He is making guys play way over their head.

Originally posted by Method:

lol @ SanDiego.

Spencer has not given up a Touchdown so far this season. Nate has given up three. I'll try to find more stats, but IMO Spencer has played better then Nate has.

You are right. They both have their strengths:

- Spencer in coverage.

- Nate in physical tackling and run support. Although, Nate is some what better in coverage this season than the last two years.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I guess the Jury is still out on Crab's
Originally posted by Method:

lol @ SanDiego.

Spencer is garbage. He is benefitting from a surprisingly improved pass rush. Plus the sample size is too small. We only played a few games. And who did we play? The Cardinals WR's were hurt and NATE CLEMENTS (who you seem to hate) was matched up on their all world guy Fitzgerald. We didn't put Spencer on him. What does that tell you? And what about the Rams? What threat are they? Who threatens you with that team? That's 2 out of the 4 games Spencer didn't even have to cover anybody.

But yeah he is ALL WORLD and better than Nate Clements...

Offense:
Vernon Davis
Chilo Rachel
Joe Staley
Josh Morgan
Frank Gore
Nate Davis

Defense:
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Paris Haralson
Manny???
Spencer
Nate Clements
Tarrel Brown
Dashon Goldson

Special Teams
Andy Lee

Anyone else???

He's never been good and I don't expect him to be this year either. On the plus side he seems to be trying harder than in years past after he got his bigger contract. He seemed to stop fighting hard after that. But he may be another guy Singletary lite a fire under. The best thing we ever had on this team in the last ten years is Singletary. He is making guys play way over their head.

Agree with you on this part^^. However, Spencer's biggest problem is not his talent, but the fact that he is injury prone. That maybe why you think of him as not good. He just hasn't played enough to remember anything great about the guy - until this season.

Offense:
Vernon Davis
Chilo Rachel
Joe Staley
Josh Morgan
Frank Gore
Nate Davis

Defense:
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Paris Haralson
Manny???
Spencer
Nate Clements
Tarrel Brown
Dashon Goldson

Special Teams
Andy Lee

Anyone else???

Shawntae is playing good football this season, you rarely hear his name which means he is shutting his man down

Share 49ersWebzone