There are 141 users in the forums

Players we MUST retain!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think our front office is doing a very good job of locking up our players.
It's also a good sign of our drafting that we're resigning these guys.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I think our front office is doing a very good job of locking up our players.

They really have. Keeping TKO was an example of that. I think he has helped make this defense what it is.
Originally posted by backontop:
Why do we have to resign Brown and Goldson? What have they done yet?

depth.

-9fA
Originally posted by Chico:
Let's resign these guys before we lose them! I'm not sure who's contracts are about to expire in the next year or two, but we need to reinvest into the following players. Maybe AB can clarify for us.

Offense:
Vernon Davis
Chilo Rachel
Joe Staley
Josh Morgan
Frank Gore
Nate Davis

Defense:
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Paris Haralson
Manny???
Spencer
Nate Clements
Tarrel Brown
Dashon Goldson

Special Teams
Andy Lee

Anyone else???

I don't know that Josh Morgan and his 7 catches for 85 yards so far this season (37 catches and 453 yards pace) has quite ascended to the level of a player that we must retain just yet.
Abrayo. Its a shame it took him a while to play as good as he is now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lets have a winning season first before we talk about extensions.
Originally posted by Dino:
I'd like to keep Nedney for as long as we can. Yes I realize he's getting old.
He's always been a solid kicker for us.

speaking of kickers, its gonna be a bi**h when we gotta find nedney's replacement. it took us forever until finally getting nedney to find a good kicker. but right now hope nedney can do this for a while, dude is so reliable
Aren't these type of threads more appropriate after the season, or after a team has been eliminated from the playoffs?

Get your game face on, we have to play the RAMS and this is a must win or all progress will go right down the crapper.

I thought we already had Staley locked up till like 2017 or something. haha.

I might be wrong though.

you're forgetting Alex Smith... he does a damn good job on the team holding the clip board for Hill.
Originally posted by teeohh:

coaches clearly see something in them, brown can be a future starter

you can say that about any player. Alex Smith could be a future starter. R. Woods was supposed to be a future starter. Until they prove that they deserve to be extended I say lets see what is available at the time.
Id personally keep the following and extend asap.

Davis
Willis
Lawson
Goldson
Brown

Nate(2013), Smith(2013), Staley(2017) and Spencer(2012) are signed long term, so no ned to wory on them.

And i agree we will wait till end to see with Gore, but dont see us not re-signing him.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Id personally keep the following and extend asap.

Davis
Willis
Lawson
Goldson
Brown

Nate(2013), Smith(2013), Staley(2017) and Spencer(2012) are signed long term, so no ned to wory on them.

And i agree we will wait till end to see with Gore, but dont see us not re-signing him.

I'd resign Lawson...but not to a huge contract....or at least I wouldn't match a huge contract others might throw at him because of his athleticism... the guy is basically 6'6 and is fast, can jump, and is a good tackler....and he is good against the run...I loved that play he did against the Vikes where he pushed his man into the RB... what I want to know is...

where is that strength when getting to the QB.... I want to see him push people over or something....then he can try to do other moves.... but he just doesn't look strong against linemen...

I've always thought that you can be taught to be a good pass rusher.... but apparently some are just good at it...(look at Dummerville or what ever his name is from the Broncos)

Goldson, are you serious? He IS our fastest man on defense. The man is one of the best in the league, watch. He is a freaking baller who has great instincts and speed and run support and makes great hits; he hits hard and clean, and also tackles with real good technique. He has good agility and ball skills too. His next int might go to the house because of his speed. (Dont know yet if he can break tackles.) Our best DB in production at the end of the year is my prediction.

On one play when there was a run up the middle for little to no gain in game 3, the guy who busted in there to make sure the RB went down was Goldson. The DLine stopped the run with holding their ground but instead of a LB cleaning up the play, Goldson came crashing in like a freight train. If you rewatch the game and look for the play, you'll see it, believe meeee!
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone