There are 232 users in the forums

Out Coached or Out Played?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Out Coached or Out Played?

A slight bit of both. We needed to know "push him out" if he's near the sideline, but as well.. we can't just let plays like that happen.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
i think we got out lucked. that is all.

really? I think it's pretty lucky that we got an interception in the end zone called back because of delay of game penalty against us.
The same thing happened in Arizona as happened today in the last 5mins. We had the opportunity to put Arizona away with a first down and we ran the ball on a third down. Arizona got the ball back and we were lucky to stop their drive.

Singletary is putting too much on the defense and is going to the well too many times... we paid for it today.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Great question. I think we were out played. Our offensive line cannot compete with the elite front sevens in the NFL. If we had a great O-Line we convert more third downs and win the game.
Originally posted by Oscar:
Great question. I think we were out played. Our offensive line cannot compete with the elite front sevens in the NFL. If we had a great O-Line we convert more third downs and win the game.

The o line does need to improve, that could come with playing together more.

i thought shaun hill had enough time during passing plays

our run game sucked, but that has alot to do with the fact teams are run blitzing because of obvious run plays (see morgan block thread)
A better question is: When was the last time ANY Niner coach out-coachd it's opposition?
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM ]
Never out played.

Agreed.

As evidenced, we're going to have a hard time running the ball on elite fronts.

I think the ball needs to be put in Hills hands more. Playcalling has been a little too predictable.

-9fA
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ads_2006:

our run game sucked, but that has alot to do with the fact teams are run blitzing because of obvious run plays (see morgan block thread)

The run game is unimaginative - yes. But even if we tell the opposition what play we are going to run, we should still execute. And this means we need players on offense that can win match-ups. Pashos/Snyder at RT is a definite weakness.

I think you can maybe get a little better by playing together, but outside of Heitmann and Staley, we have some issues on the O-Line.

The run game is unimaginative - yes. But even if we tell the opposition what play we are going to run, we should still execute. And this means we need players on offense that can win match-ups. Pashos/Snyder at RT is a definite weakness.

I think you can maybe get a little better by playing together, but outside of Heitmann and Staley, we have some issues on the O-Line.

True. That said though, Heitmann and Staley got their asses handed to them today s did the rest of the o-line. However, part of that is b/c defenses can EASILY predict the offensive play-calling and can stack the box and play in our backfield ALL game long which makes it appear our o-line and QB is worse then they really are. It's a simple numbers game and we're getting out-numbered and will continue to until Hill is allowed to make audibles.
"I want Winner!".....

But "I coach not to lose!".....

Maybe it would be better if he also "Coach to win"

• Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:

True. That said though, Heitmann and Staley got their asses handed to them today s did the rest of the o-line. However, part of that is b/c defenses can EASILY predict the offensive play-calling and can stack the box and play in our backfield ALL game long which makes it appear our o-line and QB is worse then they really are. It's a simple numbers game and we're getting out-numbered and will continue to until Hill is allowed to make audibles.

I agree, the unimaginative play calling does have an effect.

Hill is allowed to audible, though. He wasn't under Martz but he is under Raye. Hill confirmed this in a preseason article.
Originally posted by AC49er:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Out coached. Terrible D on that last play.

It was a good throw and a great catch. nothing more can be said

...unfortunately, most folks can't accept a simple answer like that so a bloodletting is required after each and every loss.
hahahahah wow, out coached?

Glen Coffee vs. Adrian Peterson

Shaun Hill vs. Brett Favre

Jared Allen vs. Parys Haralson

Percy Harvin vs. Allen Rossum

Any offensive coordinator not named Hostler vs. Jimmy Raye

They have the better team, the fact we were in that game clearly means we out coached them.
Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis are the only two players that we have, their o line, d line, secondary, quarterback, running back, receivers, and special teams return man are all much better.....and we still should have won the game

SINGLETARY>>>>>>>>>CHILDRESS
Share 49ersWebzone