LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Should the 49ers Call Up Kory Sheets ftrom the Practice Squad?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should the 49ers Call Up Kory Sheets ftrom the Practice Squad?

• KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
We need an outside threat. Play Coffee/Sheets just like LT/Sproles. Good change of pace, Mr inside & Mr outside. Teams are cramming the middle of the line so have someone who can dart outside. It worked against the Seahawks when Gore had some quick outside tosses. He picked up 2 or 3 7-10 yd chunks.

Agreed 100%. Coffee is not particularly quick, and it was evident in the Vikings game. Kory is quick, especially on sweeps or short passes out of the backfield. I get the feeling that he lacks blocking skills, which the 49ers need, especially if Staley is injured.

Who would the 49ers send to the Practice Squad if they bring up Sheets?
we should bring sheets onto the roster only if gore is going to miss another week. we cant go into a game with only coffee and robinson. thats insane. robinson isnt even good as a rb. hes already as a full back and such, but to straight up run the ball? na ah.
If we bring up Sheets who do we let go to make room?
Originally posted by backontop:

i wish it were mark roman but it likely won't

maybe someone they can add to the practice squad is my guess, taylor or rjf
I'd love to see Sheets get called up from the PS. Not that I'm completely sold on him because we never saw what he could do with the 1st string offense against 1st string defenses. We know Robinson is a 3yds per carry back at best though.

I am of the opinion that Sheets should never have been cut. When you set out to run the ball 60% of the time, you'd better have more than 2 guys that you trust to carry the rock. Do you trust Robinson? I don't.

I don't know who should get cut to make room for him, but someone should, and I vote for a WR to be cut because the team needs 4 backs a lot more than it needs 6 receivers
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'd have to say Allen Rossum or Michael Spurlock, shoot why not save our selves some future trouble and just cut Mark Roman.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'd have to say Allen Rossum or Michael Spurlock, shoot why not save our selves some future trouble and just cut Mark Roman.

Because Roman is a decent backup. On a team lacking depth at most positions it becomes a necessity to keep all the veterans with actual game experience.
SF_49ers: Results of MRI on Frank Gore show a right ankle strain and a right hind foot sprain. That will sideline him for approximately 3 weeks.
Originally posted by jcs:

Because Roman is a decent backup. On a team lacking depth at most positions it becomes a necessity to keep all the veterans with actual game experience.

yea and that "veteran" experience sure showed on Sunday when he got beat by some scrub.

I agree with Kolohe. If he were to be brought up from the PS I would say Roman or Spurlock.
Originally posted by PTulini:
SF_49ers: Results of MRI on Frank Gore show a right ankle strain and a right hind foot sprain. That will sideline him for approximately 3 weeks.

well at least we have that bye

are there unsigned vets that would be a better option than sheets? i think he'll get activated

Well, the timing couldn't be better.

-9fA
Originally posted by teeohh:

well at least we have that bye

are there unsigned vets that would be a better option than sheets? i think he'll get activated

I doubt any vet that we'll sign is going to come in and make an instant impact.

To me, all signs point to Sheets being elevated.

-9fA
I say cut Spurlock. He adds nothing to this team. Hill has been inactive for 3 games and they have the same ammount of receptions and yards.
Then deactivate Roman and give Reggie Smith more playing time and activate Hill.
at this point either we call him up or pick up a free agent running back, maybe Dominic Rhodes if he is available.... Kory Sheets will be the last option keep in mind practice squad players are practice squad for a reason.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jcs:

Roman has been an issue for some time now, it wasn't just this game. If anything we could always ask Curtis Taylor or Reggie Smith to blitz from the weak-side. Shoot, I'd even like to see what Marcus Hudson brings to the table at Safety than continue with Mark Roman.
Share 49ersWebzone