There are 213 users in the forums

Sing: "We'll see them again in the Playoffs"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
No, you won't see them in a play-offs if your offense can't convert ONE SINGLE 3RD DOWN FOR 60 MINUTES.

You will see them in the playoffs, if your team continues to fight and find a way to win anyway possible. If we literally nearly won the game without a 3rd down conversion, that just only adds praise to the coaching of the mentalitiy of the players, Sing does

Im not into moral victories, but I do think the team is definitely growing. In the past, if we could not convert 3rd downs, it was a 30+ point blow out. We SHOULD HAVE won that game if not for the prevent D the last two minutes.

I give Favre all the credit in the world for putting together a great drive, but he merely took what our D gave him and that was a 15 yard cushion to complete every short pass and march down the field.

All things considered (In Minnesota, Without Gore, Not converting any 3rd downs, etc.) this team played a damn good football game, and would have deserved the win if they got it. Unfortunately, they didnt, so now it is time to learn from it and we will see if either we or Minnesota makes the playoffs. One thing is for sure though...if we do see them in the playoffs you can bet that this team will NOT forget this game.

GO NINERS!
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
No, you won't see them in a play-offs if your offense can't convert ONE SINGLE 3RD DOWN FOR 60 MINUTES.

You will see them in the playoffs, if your team continues to fight and find a way to win anyway possible. If we literally nearly won the game without a 3rd down conversion, that just only adds praise to the coaching of the mentalitiy of the players, Sing does

Exactly, We were without gore and lost some OL. We will be in the playoffs, NFC WEST IS OURS!

I have a feeling that even if we had Gore in for the full game, i don't know how much more effective he would have been.

The Vikings were shutting down the run pretty good.

-9fA

And your coach calls a sorry run play when you need to get the most important first down of the game with a minute left.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Method:
0/11 on 3rd downs? Umm, we have a lot of f**king work to do before talking about the playoffs. Nice to see the confidence but IMO this is a little too early.

Exactly
What a heart breaker. Take away just one of any number of mistakes and it's a win.
I hope we demolish the Rams next week!

This and very few sustained drives ....... our defense is on the field way too long.
I agree with Coach Sing...We will play them at home in the wild card
Thank you Chicago...Let's go Colts...
God, I hated for it to end like that. He was out of bounds, I don't care who says what about it. He was out! We can beat them and they know it. Jeez...I'm starting to sound like Dennis.
Not if we keep running up the middle 40 times a game and in 3rd and 10 situations.

Originally posted by jones49:
Not if we keep running up the middle 40 times a game and in 3rd and 10 situations.

And throwing for 5yds when we need 8
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I don't think the Vikes make the playoffs.
we'll be be in the dance. i dont think the viqueens will
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Im not into moral victories, but I do think the team is definitely growing. In the past, if we could not convert 3rd downs, it was a 30+ point blow out. We SHOULD HAVE won that game if not for the prevent D the last two minutes.

I give Favre all the credit in the world for putting together a great drive, but he merely took what our D gave him and that was a 15 yard cushion to complete every short pass and march down the field.

All things considered (In Minnesota, Without Gore, Not converting any 3rd downs, etc.) this team played a damn good football game, and would have deserved the win if they got it. Unfortunately, they didnt, so now it is time to learn from it and we will see if either we or Minnesota makes the playoffs. One thing is for sure though...if we do see them in the playoffs you can bet that this team will NOT forget this game.

GO NINERS!

AMEN!
Love how Singletary is reacting to this potentially devastating defeat. Now, let's see how the players respond next week against the Hams.
Share 49ersWebzone