LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Blame the Refs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Multiple offsides not called by the horrible officiating.

Shawntae's non-taunt.

Spurlock's attempt at an arm tackle of Percy Harvin on the 101 yard KO return.

Decision to run up to the Williams wall 3 consecutive times in order to drain clock.

Mark Roman's half-ass attempt at the deflection.

Choose any one of the above or a combination.

You forgot to add that roughing the passer call on Justin Smith that drive cost us

3 points they where going to punt already & the refs f****d us over

that would of made the score 24-24 & Favre would of ate it in OT

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Can someone help me out.

What happened to the illegal formation call? Seems like the only penalty enforced was Spencers taunt.

The ref said that by rule, the personal foul (taunting penalty on Spencer) superseded the Viking penalty. They lucked out big time.

We lucked out once too....when we false started on a play where Hill got picked off in the endzone. Sometimes a penalty can help you out.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kray28:
Can someone help me out.

What happened to the illegal formation call? Seems like the only penalty enforced was Spencers taunt.

The ref said that by rule, the personal foul (taunting penalty on Spencer) superseded the Viking penalty. They lucked out big time.

We lucked out once too....when we false started on a play where Hill got picked off in the endzone. Sometimes a penalty can help you out.

Originally posted by kray28:
Can someone help me out.

That taunt was crap. They kept on trying to help Favre out there. I do believe that the NFL plays favorites and Favre is a favored son. There was a lot of suspect calls on the field
Yes, and life is ALWAYS fair.
Even ex mayor Willie Brown said to ,'' Blame the refs.''
I don't know if you could tell on tv but I was at the game and on Hill's interception you could clearly see the DB push off of the WR. I couldn't believe that the ref that wasn't even 5 yards away missed it. Absolute BS.

Somebody else also mentioned how many times MN def. line jumped before the ball was snapped and that is completely true too. The refs were just plain horrible all game.

Despite all of this we can only blame ourselves. We lost this one, MN didn't win it. There are no excuses for Roman's mistake. 3 man rush leaves 8 men in coverage (place 3 med, and 5 around the endzone) feel the defenders but WATCH the QB's eyes. No wonder why he's no longer the starter. Pitiful.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
That taunting call on spencer that gave them 3 free points was

That and the call on Justin Smith were total crap.

The refs didn't decide the outcome though, it was conservative defensive play calling on the last series.

This!

Blaming the refs for bad calls that were made for both teams is just an excuse. The fact is the Vikings executed when it counted and the 49ers did not. Hard fought game.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kstolai:
It seemed that the Refs did alot to help the utcome of todays game. There seemed to be alot of offsides that were not called on them and some bogus calls blown on our team. The Vikings definately got some help in my opinion.

I totally agree!
  • JC49
  • Veteran

I totally agree! That was complete @#!%!

• JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

That and the call on Justin Smith were total crap.

The refs didn't decide the outcome though, it was conservative defensive play calling on the last series.

This!

Blaming the refs for bad calls that were made for both teams is just an excuse. The fact is the Vikings executed when it counted and the 49ers did not. Hard fought game.

I always say "don't let it be close enough that the refs can make a difference" but that was still garbage and Minny benefitted. We got the visitor treatment.
I can live with some bad calls like Spencers unsportsmanlike and the fake headslap. Both were judgement calls in the heat of the moment (OK, maybe Spencers was THAT bad!). What REALLY did it for me was how a line judge, standing at the line of scrimmage can miss the fact that Favre was 3 yards over the line when he threw that pass in the 4th. There was no way anyone with ANY level of competence could have missed that!!
Originally posted by Mookster:
I can live with some bad calls like Spencers unsportsmanlike and the fake headslap. Both were judgement calls in the heat of the moment (OK, maybe Spencers was THAT bad!). What REALLY did it for me was how a line judge, standing at the line of scrimmage can miss the fact that Favre was 3 yards over the line when he threw that pass in the 4th. There was no way anyone with ANY level of competence could have missed that!!

I jumped up off of the couch and was screaming at the TV
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Even ex mayor Willie Brown said to ,'' Blame the refs.''

Well said, T.

*cough*

After that J.Smiley penalty, I was like,''WTF ? WHERE IS IT?''
Share 49ersWebzone