LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 381 users in the forums

Is this our biggest game since...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the playoffs in '02??

If anyone can remember a bigger game more recent, what is it?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Personally I think the first two games of this season were far more important and bigger games.

This one is getting more hype though.
The arizona game last year that ended on the 1 yard line was a big game. Who knows what could have been if we could have only put that ball in the endzone?
Yeah the divisional games are way more important

this does tell us where we measure up out of division
I agree with Chief. Games w/in the division are bigger then this.
Last week.
Next week game is bigger for us than this one. If we lose this game, oh well. If we lose next week,
Originally posted by Chief:
Personally I think the first two games of this season were far more important and bigger games.

This one is getting more hype though.

That's true.

Beating Favre and Peterson in Minnesota to put us 3-0 would just do so much for the moral of the Niners, plus all of the media hype on us already would be greater.
This is going to show us if we're getting close to being an elite team........I'm looking for a win or if we can compete as in other years we would just get embarassed.
i think this is an important game. maybe just as important as that playoff game.
i think the vikings are one of the better teams and one of the toughest matchups for us. They have a tough run stopping D, and jared allen is a beast. We want to be a power running team, so it's sort of a strength vs. strength deal.
They also have a good offense so far even with Favre playing game manager. win or lose, how we play them will tell us a lot about whether or not we are a playoff caliber team. and since 02 is the last time we were in the playoffs, this game will be telling.

its very important to win if we want to keep Arizona pressure... I think they will win at home against the colts so if we lose, we are tie in the division and they are feeling confident, but if we win we are 3-0 and our next game is against the rams so we will very favorable to be 4-0 and to be that up on this division so early most definitely put the cardinals in the panic mode...

its very important to win.. its not a must win but if we win it it will make the playoffs very reachable...

go niners
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I agree with Chief. Games w/in the division are bigger then this.

That's true. But to defeat Minnesota away after already beating Arizona would be one heck of a statement that this team is for real.
yeah it is. we have a chance to go 3-0 heading into a game against the rams in sf
Well if we do win this game I am going to be smiling from ear to ear. I might even rub the wife at night and expect nothing in Return
I thought this years home opener was probably the biggest game of the season.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone