LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

Are the Niners for real?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are the Niners for real?

if we beat vikings this weekend, the more i think we are
Ask Kurt Warner or Matt Hasselbeck, after the doctor has looked them over, if the Niners are for real.

Ask Whisenhut or Mora, who are both looking up at the Niners, if the Niners are for real.

Ask Willis or Gore, after the club endured Singletary's TC, if they feel "lucky" to be 2-0.

2-0 is real. The facts don't lie. For the first time in a very long time, this club is earning R-E-S-P-E-C-T around the league. I want to hear Aretha singing at the 'Stick.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Ask Kurt Warner or Matt Hasselbeck, after the doctor has looked them over, if the Niners are for real.

Ask Whisenhut or Mora, who are both looking up at the Niners, if the Niners are for real.

Ask Willis or Gore, after the club endured Singletary's TC, if they feel "lucky" to be 2-0.

2-0 is real. The facts don't lie. For the first time in a very long time, this club is earning R-E-S-P-E-C-T around the league. I want to hear Aretha singing at the 'Stick.

if this, if that, blah blah blah. we are playing a for real team this week and watch what happens, i'm not seeing good things....
Originally posted by mryan1004:

if this, if that, blah blah blah. we are playing a for real team this week and watch what happens, i'm not seeing good things....

what is wrong with some of you people...."real teams" HA!...this is the NFL... but never mind that any team in a league should still be took seriously.....

was last year's Jets...not "a real" team....?
were the Cards not "a real" team...?

every week some will be singing a different tune.... it never fails.
Originally posted by Lifer:
It's far too soon to pass judgment. This is a work in progress.

Two weeks ago, if you'd asked me about the Defense, I would've said they're going to struggle because they don't have a pass rush. Turns out the pass rush is pretty darn good.

The O-line looked awful in Arizona, yet made an enormous improvement from week 1 to week 2.

Shaun Hill shows no signs of fading. His success last year was not a fluke. He's getting a little better every week. Manny Lawson is making plays here and there and also seems to be getting better every week. Nate Clements has upped his game. So has Ray McDonald.

This is a group that's getting better, gaining confidence, and growing both as individuals and as a team. They're on a journey and they will be tested every step of the way. We don't know yet how far they can go, or what they're really made of.

This weekend's game will be a good measuring stick. The Falcons game, week 5, will also be a good test. They may come up short, or they may surprise us by doing more than we thought they were capable of, but I guarantee you this: it's gonna be fun to watch this season unfold.

What a great post, bro. Seriously, this alone made my sign in and comment. Good balance of reason, logic, and positive thinking...not to sound corny. True fan.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If the offense gets better I think we can sneak into the playoffs.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

what is wrong with some of you people...."real teams" HA!...this is the NFL... but never mind that any team in a league should still be took seriously.....

last time we played the vikings we were able to stuff the box, but now they have a legit qb so things are gonna be a little different on sunday. then the past 2 weeks, unfortunately......
Originally posted by Afrikan:

last time we played the vikings we were able to stuff the box, but now they have a legit qb so things are gonna be a little different on sunday. then the past 2 weeks, unfortunately......

But our defense has improved enough to where we don't need to stuff the box.
I was reading an article by Bruce Jenkins about Crabtree and he brought up about running offenses needing great WOs to run effectively. His examples do make sense and what we have on our team may already be enough. ABattle reminds me of a great possession receiver and the sky is the limit with VDavis. After this game, when alot of nerves are calmer (East of the Rockies, out of Division...) we will get our passing game sorted out and one or two others will step up. We are for real. 3 - 0 real.
[ Edited by 666SF666SF on Sep 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM ]
Jumping the gun a bit after just two games aren't we?

Way, way, way, way, way too early to tell.

We'll know more after this weekend. I hope we knock the crap out of Minny. But, after six years of losing, I still don't have any confidence yet.

We will discover the REAL Shaun Hill this weekend against Vikes...Stay Tuned!

The same sh*t a good portion of Niner Talk said about the Tards. We play several FOR REAL teams this season. Feel free to be negative. The facts is this, they have a good pass rush and run defense - so do we. They have problems protecting the QB - so do we. Their secondary is suspect - not ours. They have better a QB, who at times, makes BIG mistakes with the ball. Our QB, while not Farve, is not a risk taker and makes very few mistakes. They have the best running back in the league. We have one of the best running backs in the league and the best LB - who specializes at hurting people.

I like our chances.
The temptation for a reality joke looms large like a slowly pitched softball.
Originally posted by VA49er:
The temptation for a reality joke looms large like a slowly pitched softball.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It appears no one can see what happening here. I think that 9-7 or 10-6 is very attainable this season. We will win some tough games this year that the nay sayers will deem impossible.

IMO

yea but say we win the NFC West, how do you see us doing in the playoffs against teams like IDK, the saints, Giants, Cowboys, etc....

Cowboys!!???!!! ... Who said they will even make it?? If the Cowgirls do make it, I hope we play them to to some ass-whoopen!!
Share 49ersWebzone