LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Matt Millen just said that the 49ers are PRETENDERS!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:

I love that!
Originally posted by sicc110:
So, mike martz and marshall faulk just said we would win the west on nfl network. so u win some and lose some

Which show was that?
Originally posted by Ninerwinner:
Dont worry he was pretending to be the Lions GM for years

PWNED
Millen has zero credibility. He couldnt even draft a good WR in the first round and he had many tries.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
one of them said the 9er defense will punt you in the mouth every game...the most underrated D out there...they showed the clements hit on sunday where the catcher flipped in the air and fell head first

no handed PILE-DRIVER!
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by verb1der:

I love that!

If Matt Millen doesnt believe that we are for "real", then that pretty much cements it.....we will go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl. How this idiot gets a job talking about football after single handedly making the Lions the laughing stock of professional sports is WAY beyond me. When I saw him on the ESPN pre-game, I immediately changed it to NFL Network.
[ Edited by Vol49er on Sep 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by sicc110:
So, mike martz and marshall faulk just said we would win the west on nfl network. so u win some and lose some

Which show was that?

I believe it was "total access" but not 100% on it. whatever is on prior to the monday night game
Way to accurately report the discussion.

He was posed a question, are the Niners contenders or pretenders? Kind of a limited choice don't ya think. Overall all Millen really said is we have a good D and a good Running Game.....nothing outrageous at all.
[ Edited by danimal on Sep 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM ]

Originally posted by TDilvr:
Until SF beats other division leaders then yeah this is what Matt Millen is going to say. A. it's a west coast team and B. SF has been a bottom feeder for much of this decade so the 9ers have a lot to prove. Hell even Sing is saying we are not going to win later on if we continue playing the way we're playing.

And yeah, who cares what this guy has to say. He's clearly demonstrated that he's not qualified to comment on matters pertaining to football.

FAIL

Co-signed. The guy was a talent on the football field, but clearly he doesn't have an eye for picking good teams. Why should any of us care what he thinks?

I don't think we will get any serious looks until after next week if we beat Minnesota and thoroughly dismantle the Rams, 90s Niners style. Right now I still have the 49ers as about the 15th-16th best team, until proven otherwise.
Matt Millen can't say anything!
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by danimal:
Way to accurately report the discussion.

He was posed a question, are the Niners contenders or pretenders?
Kind of a limited choice don't ya think. Overall all Millen really said is we have a good D and a good Running Game.....nothing outrageous at all.

Share 49ersWebzone