LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Allen Rossum - He fell off

Shop Find 49ers gear online

although he did not score too many tds he was in top 3 inpunt and kick return avg and that is very important
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't see anything wrong with Rossum. He doesn't turn over the ball and that's really all I care about.

^^^^^
Originally posted by Method:
I know many of you guys like Allen Rossum as our kick return/ punt return guy, but I think he's done. I feel like the kick/punt returner should be a player who may not have one of the best averages, but is a threat to take it to the house every time he gets the ball. I'd much rather have someone who can do that over someone like Allen who has a very high average but has a very slim chance of taking it all the way.

A guy like Josh Cribbs, who only has 2 touchdowns for his career as a returner, is still feared by every team that kicks it to him so they actually have to game plan a little more for the threat. For Allen, no one gives a s**t because the dude doesn't have that extra gear anymore.

Are you happy with Allen's play or do you, like I do, hope we get a new PR/KR?

BLOCKING!
i have a question for you. would you take a RB who has 11TDs and 19fums? or how about a KR/PR with those stats?
if rossum fumbles this week against the seahawks i'll feel retarded

*knock on wood*
Originally posted by NickSh49:
100% disagree. We are judging this by one game and some preseason play?

Rossum was solid last year. Let's give him some time before we throw him out to pasture, ok?

Doesn't this board seem to do this with every player, good or bad?

Quite reactionary.
Originally posted by danimal:
I thought he was done when we signed him. I was off by a year. I still say it was a pointless acquisition.

Pointless? The team tried to address the position with the Brandon Williams pick. We all know how that turned out.
Its not like Joshua Cribbs' and Devon Hester's are just growing on trees. I think Rossum is a solid return man, and probably better than anyone on our team.
Mike Singletary said Special Teams need to work more on better blocking for Rossum. I believe the coach.
[ Edited by XrayEcho on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:07 PM ]

it's only been a week. Give him some time. He needs help from the coverage team also.
You guys always got an excuse ready for our players, it's amazing.
Just because he doesn't fumble? Serious? No KR/PR is supposed to fumble PERIOD. If they do they find someone else to do the job.

He fell off, I don't blame him he's getting up there in age. He doesn't have the burst he used to have before, I'm not going to judge him so much after one game but I still don't think he's the same.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:33 PM ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Just because he doesn't fumble? Serious? No KR/PR is supposed to fumble PERIOD. If they do they find someone else to do the job.

He fell off, I don't blame him he's getting up there in age. He doesn't have the burst he used to have before, I'm not going to judge him so much after one game but I still don't think he's the same.

but all this talk about hester. he has more fumbles than TDs. as does

will blackmon
desean jackson
roscoe parrsih

now granted, it doesn't say how many were lost,
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

The only reason people even use fumbles as a good reason to keep Allen is because our previous couple of years we had some of the worst return men to ever touch the field. s**t, from Brandon Williams to Maurice "I'm going to run into the pile of 25 men instead of running through the hole!" Hicks, we've seen it all. lol
Share 49ersWebzone