LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Jed York on KNBR 09/15

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed on KNBR

http://www.knbr.com/common/global_audio/201/12350.mp3

[ Edited by fc0828 on Sep 15, 2009 at 19:20:02 ]
Sorry today 9/15
guy conducts himself well. not too much older than i am so im envious of his job.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
guy conducts himself well. not too much older than i am so im envious of his job.

I am quite a bit older, but could of used some of his maturity back when I was his age.

Jed needs to turn into a man who moves things around, even if they don't want to move. He needs to let the some Eddie D. in him and have a "talk" with Crabs.

It's time for Jed to move Personnel to the side and make sure his footprint is stamped in the concrete on this one and "convince" Crabs to sign.

If Jed can pull this off, we are looking at a very impressive run by the 49ers in general.
Standard negotiating strategy.

The ultimate decision-makers (York and Crabtree) do not participate directly in negotiations, so that the "let me check with the boss/my client" can be used by the actual negotiators.

When there is an interminable impasse (like this negotiation), the party with the upper hand (the Niners) offers to bring in the actual decision-maker (York), when he senses that the other decision-maker (Crabtree) has painted himself into a corner, and is looking for a way to end the impasse, while still saving face. If Crabtree accepts York's invitation for a face-to-face, then Crabtree can have an "out" to sign a contract, by stating that misunderstandings had clouded the earlier hold-out, which were dismissed in actual face-to-face conversation.

The NFL negotiators did this same thing in the last CBA negotiation with Gene Upshaw. York is getting excellent and skilled negotiating advice (probably from the NFL office), which may be one reason that York has not formally filed a tampering complaint with the NFL office. The Niners (as directed by York) have taken the high road throughout, confident that time works in their favor.

Eddie D. was a tough negotiator, and I'm sure that young Jed is also using his uncle as a sounding board in this matter.

Conversely, if Crabtree declines this invitation to meet face-to-face, it will absolutely confirm Crabtree's undesrirability as a Ninere employee. Agent Parker is smart enough and expewrienced enough to know when an olive branch is being extended, which is exactly what York is offering.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Sep 16, 2009 at 11:12 AM ]
Originally posted by jimbagg:

The ultimate decision-makers (York and Crabtree) do not participate directly in negotiations, so that the "let me check with the boss/my client" can be used by the actual negotiators.

When there is an interminable impasse (like this negotiation), the party with the upper hand (the Niners) offers to bring in the actual decision-maker (York), when he senses that the other decision-maker (Crabtree) has painted himself into a corner, and is looking for a way to end the impasse, while still saving face. If Crabtree accepts York's invitation for a face-to-face, then Crabtree can have an "out" to sign a contract, by stating that misunderstandings had clouded the earlier hold-out, which were dismissed in actual face-to-face conversation.

The NFL negotiators did this same thing in the last CBA negotiation with Gene Upshaw. York is getting excellent and skilled negotiating advice (probably from the NFL office), which may be one reason that York has not formally filed a tampering complaint with the NFL office. The Niners (as directed by York) have taken the high road throughout, confident that time works in their favor.

Eddie D. was a tough negotiator, and I'm sure that young Jed is also using his uncle as a sounding board in this matter.

Conversely, if Crabtree declines this invitation to meet face-to-face, it will absolutely confirm Crabtree's undesrirability as a Ninere employee. Agent Parker is smart enough and expewrienced enough to know when an olive branch is being extended, which is exactly what York is offering.
I must say that is a picture perfect analysis of the situation. Did you major in business or do you work in sales? You are right though. This is basically make it or break it for Crabtree. If He declines it's obvious that he's a douchebag who doesn't want to be a Niner.

very insightful post jimbagg
Originally posted by BasharCali49:

I must say that is a picture perfect analysis of the situation. Did you major in business or do you work in sales? You are right though. This is basically make it or break it for Crabtree. If He declines it's obvious that he's a douchebag who doesn't want to be a Niner.

Good call. MBA and 20 years in sales. I really do think that it's now all about Crabtree's pride, being able to save face.
I do not want Jed "solving" this impasse. Remember that Jed and his family have made one blunder after another over the last 6 years. When most of us saw the handwriting on the wall that Nolan was a failure, the York's (with Jed's blessing, I am sure), stupidly kept Nolan on another year. Iit took them another half season to see what most of us saw much earlier.

Originally posted by excelsior:
I do not want Jed "solving" this impasse. Remember that Jed and his family have made one blunder after another over the last 6 years. When most of us saw the handwriting on the wall that Nolan was a failure, the York's (with Jed's blessing, I am sure), stupidly kept Nolan on another year. Iit took them another half season to see what most of us saw much earlier.

Please, tell me - what blunders have Jed made? Not "Jed and his family," but Jed?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

This is a crucial point in negotiations.
Originally posted by fc0828:
Jed on KNBR

http://www.knbr.com/common/global_audio/201/12350.mp3

So Jed York openly over the air waves has made EVERYONE aware he is extending an olive brance to Craptree and his agent.

If Craptree and his agent at least don't accept that "face to face".... there again is yet another Red Flag about Craptree.

Then who do you want solving it? They are not going to have the coach do this, nor assign something so important & visible to an underling in the front office.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Jed needs to turn into a man who moves things around, even if they don't want to move. He needs to let the some Eddie D. in him and have a "talk" with Crabs.

It's time for Jed to move Personnel to the side and make sure his footprint is stamped in the concrete on this one and "convince" Crabs to sign.

If Jed can pull this off, we are looking at a very impressive run by the 49ers in general.

i'd be happier to hear that jed york punches crabtree in the mouth and knocks out all his teeth! stupid pretty boy! we don't need money hungry egotisitic players on our team!
Share 49ersWebzone