LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 167 users in the forums

1st and 5: End around to Bruce!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm still wondering why in the hell Raye wasted time to even come up with a 12 play script to open the game.

Oh wait, he didn't waste time because his script was this:

1. run
2. run
3. run
12. run
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm still wondering why in the hell Raye wasted time to even come up with a 12 play script to open the game.

1. run
2. run
3. run
12. run

So plays 4 to 11 are unscripted?

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 14, 2009 at 11:38:38 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

1. run
2. run
3. run
12. run

YOU LIE

run
run
pass
pass
run
run
pass
pass
pass
run
pass
pass

7 passes
5 runs

that didnt include out punts and field goals

[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 14, 2009 at 11:44:02 ]
I thought that was the worst play call of the entire game. An end around to an old man whose speed has obviously left him. And of course it goes for an 8 yard loss. If he is going to call that play it has to go Morgan or Spurlock.

1st and 5 after a penalty to 2nd and 13
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I thought that was the worst play call of the entire game. An end around to an old man whose speed has obviously left him. And of course it goes for an 8 yard loss. If he is going to call that play it has to go Morgan or Spurlock.

Agree-- couldn't believe what i was seeing. Bruce is still the man on down field routes, but that call is not for him. Requires a burner.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

Agree-- couldn't believe what i was seeing. Bruce is still the man on down field routes, but that call is not for him. Requires a burner.

Jerry rice always looked good on these plays, Bruce looked slow and absolutely clueless.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

Jerry rice always looked good on these plays, Bruce looked slow and absolutely clueless.

This is true... the execution was just horrible, there was a defender already w/ a step in the backfield waiting to make the play. Not even sure Spurlock or Battle could have turned it into positive.
Share 49ersWebzone