There are 308 users in the forums

Do we win today if Alex Smith Starts?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we win today if Alex Smith Starts?

Originally posted by Mex49:
Did our QB make the difference today?
I don't think so!

Why not start Davis

oh no... of course not, our quarterback was horrible... our running game is what got us this win
Originally posted by zozell:
yea f**kin really ok... why even comment man... just stfu if u got nothing to say... vote and shut up or don't open the thread... its that f**kin easy...lighten up ppl... its a friggin hypothetical question...

take the sticks outta ur asses... we won today... jeez

lol

Yes
Originally posted by cools:
there should be a "who friggin knows, cause he didnt start" choice in the poll

cosigned.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Sort of like all the questions was asked when Steve took over...if we have won if Montana had started. Steve took all that s**t all the way to the HOF

Montana to Young is not the same as Hill to Smith. If this were the SAT, you'd fail in your analogies.

Yes it is. Smith just gives a negative connotation to the analogy instead of a positive one in Montana.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by cools:
there should be a "who friggin knows, cause he didnt start" choice in the poll

cosigned.

+1
During that drive where Hill scored, did anyone else see Smith with his helmet on? I think he might have gotten his chance in this game if Hill didn't score a TD there. Maybe Hill saw him and used it as motivation.
It's a moot point really. I'm not so sure either way and at this point I can't wait for the era of Nate Davis to start. Hill looked pretty lame for 3 qtrs of this game. Though I'm encouraged by our defensive play, not so much on the offensive side of the ball. Nolan you suck at so many things and evaluating linemen is one of the many things you suck at. Chilo's "beast mode" never showed up (did any of you see it?) in fact I saw him getting blasted backwards onto his ass by Dansby and Co a few times.

I did watch Sanchez today. Hmmmmmmmmmm. I have been a huge AS fan and have bought into most of the excuses (he is the poster boy for how not to groom a QB) but sheeesh, is that how it's supposed to look? Dude's a frickin playa.
  • ZRF80
Sort of like all the questions was asked when Steve took over...if we have won if Montana had started. Steve took all that s**t all the way to the HOF

Montana to Young is not the same as Hill to Smith. If this were the SAT, you'd fail in your analogies.

Yes it is. Smith just gives a negative connotation to the analogy instead of a positive one in Montana.

To imply that Smith is to Hill is to acknowledge that Smith could take over (ala Young) where Hill would leave off (ala Montana). Now lets be honest. Hill faced 4 3rd down situation on that 80 yard drive in the 2nd half. Are you gonna tell me that if Smith was in, he would have converted ALL 4 of those 3rd downs, and not once even think about throwing it out of bounds ?
Hill looked confused and stared down his receivers a lot today and we won in spite of it, the only time he looked good was the drive that mattered. With our D playing as well as it did most of the day, I do not think it mattered who was playing QB. To me Hill and Smith are a wash. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Smith play this year, especially if the oline doesn't gel.

Originally posted by pwilly52:
....?

• Chief
  • Veteran
yea f**kin really ok... why even comment man... just stfu if u got nothing to say... vote and shut up or don't open the thread... its that f**kin easy...lighten up ppl... its a friggin hypothetical question...

Zoing!

Lol, it's a plug not a stick!
Originally posted by Chief:

Zoing!

Lol, it's a plug not a stick!

lol murder me for makin a poll...
  • Mex49
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by Mex49:
Did our QB make the difference today?
I don't think so!

Why not start Davis

oh no... of course not, our quarterback was horrible... our running game is what got us this win

I don't know how you spell defense, but your argument lacks strength

To imply that Smith is to Hill is to acknowledge that Smith could take over (ala Young) where Hill would leave off (ala Montana). Now lets be honest. Hill faced 4 3rd down situation on that 80 yard drive in the 2nd half. Are you gonna tell me that if Smith was in, he would have converted ALL 4 of those 3rd downs, and not once even think about throwing it out of bounds ?

I was commenting on the hypothetical question posed by the subject. It implies that Smith may not have won the game for us today given the well documented history here. And it's not fair to Smith since he didn't play the game, just like it's not fair to Young when he loses a game to question whether Montana would have done better but didn't play in the those games.
Share 49ersWebzone