There are 201 users in the forums

Lots Of Positive Signs!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Josh Morgan got plenty of seperation on more than one ocassion Hill failed to look his way
I'm one happy Niner fan.

Go Niners
I was going to start a new post, but I can do it here. I'm PUMPED. I know that our offense didn't look that great, but everything else looked fantastic. I am so fired up for our team. We just beat a great team. Face it, there D is excellent. I was very impressed with it and looked a lot like what we are doing on that side of the ball. It was a great victory and we should all be very proud of our team.
I feel like a few question marks were answered...

Goldson looks like he is going to be pretty damn solid...
we MAY have a pass rush... I guess this is sort of a question mark...
Our Oline is still porous... (very worrisome)
Our Dline looks fairly solid, or on the verge of breaking out...
VD may have a big year...

With this, I would say our major isues still lie with the RT/Oline, and possibly the pass rush
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFan:
The biggest, in my view, was the pass rush....

what is this pass rush thing you speak of. I am not familiar with this concept. I have not seen this incorporated in to the 49ers performance before.

Sincerely,

Mike Nolan
Originally posted by 49erFan:
The biggest, in my view, was the pass rush... I don't know where that came from but wow! That was my biggest concern with the team by far. They did a hell of a job today. Pretty safe to say they were indeed playing vanilla in the pre-season.

The defense overall looked great in my opinion. The gameplan was excellent. Allowing Hightower to have a bunch of underneath catches seemed annoying, but clearly the plan was to stop Fitz and Boldin from having big games, and that was accomplished for the most part.

Willis Rocks!

That defense, looks tough when they can rush the passer like that. It's only one game, but that was fun to watch.

The offense really struggled for most of the game, however, they stuck with it and got it done when it mattered most. The coaching staff made adjustments... Did I really just say that? The 49ers coaching staff making in game adjustments? lol. Yes indeed!

Not only did the coaches make adjustments, but the players were able to fight through the tough day and make plays when needed.

Vernon Davis looked like a leader today! I have heard alot of comments about wanting to see him hand the ball to the ref and not pound his chest every play. Well, he did that today.

I loved Singletary's time-out to rally the troops. This really is his team, and these guys are buying into it.

Ya gotta love it. We walked in to 'Zona and beat the defending division and conference champions. We were competitive throughout, and other than the third quarter seemed in control of the game.

I heard alot of hangover talk from the announcers. Well guess what, the Cards started camp at the same time as we did. I think both teams will get sharper as the year goes on. However, today we were the better team and deserved that victory.

Good assessment. I also think that this team learned that there is a difference between pre-season where they led the league in running and the regular season where they are probably last. I realize that Hill missed quite a few open looks and may have left a lot more on the table. However, he came through when he needed to and he is the chosen QB so the coaching staff is going to have to let him play to win games.

Gore is not the only play maker on this team and the sooner this is realized, the better of a play maker he will become. I don't think that this team has the talent and personality to dominate the run as Sing has envisioned and must find a way to use other players. I am disappointed that they have yet to realize the potential of the TE's nor did I see any swing passes to the fullback. And a reverse to your slowest WR? Something is very wrong with that scenario.

I am not impressed with Raye's play calling and in fact am very unimpressed. You would think that someone who has been in the business as long as he has would be more insightful and better at deploying strategies and tactics to keep the chans moving.

A win is a win though and beating the Cards in Arizona is a very good positive step. At the same time, the Cads may have done just as much to loose the game than the Niners did to win it and I think that Sing is more happy about getting the win than he is about beating his opponent at this time. Hopefully we will see a more dynamic and effective display in the future.
if we just fix the OL we should be ok! like bench snyder for giving up 3 sack ! b***h !
Originally posted by 9ermex:
Originally posted by ColoradoNiner:
I liked that they weren't slavish to the run and changed it up on the winning drive and went to the pass.... Hill stepped up when he had to and that won us the game...

Actually the only problem with the game was the reluctancy of the coach to pass more, i hope this changes in the future cause it nearly costs us the game, we could have beaten them 24-3 if we had pass more.

Agreed; let's not forget there 5 three and outs before the passing drive that won the game, points wise.

But in the end it's a W people, and a BIG shout-out to my-our NINERS!!!!!!!!

Gonna be a heck of game next week at the Stick, wish I could be there.

NINERS 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great post!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I feel like a few question marks were answered...

Goldson looks like he is going to be pretty damn solid...
we MAY have a pass rush... I guess this is sort of a question mark...
Our Oline is still porous... (very worrisome)
Our Dline looks fairly solid, or on the verge of breaking out...
VD may have a big year...

With this, I would say our major isues still lie with the RT/Oline, and possibly the pass rush

Snyder (sp) was, really getting worked, just blown off the ball a ton. I wonder if he is still hurtin a bit. On the other hand, why do you think they signed Pasos? He is lurking, and if Snyder can't cut it we have a 5 years starter at RT ready to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see MS pull Snyder out and insert the new guy if this happens much more.

I think the Pasos (sp) is an upgrade even though Snyder's has worked his but off in camp..

NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by cNiner:
if we just fix the OL we should be ok! like bench snyder for giving up 3 sack ! b***h !

I don't know if fixing the O'line will be that simple. They were dominated at what they were supposed to be best at. Gore is not going to break many tackles and needs lanes in order to excel.
One negative that I found was that Frank Gore was looking rather elfy. I think he's gotta fix that.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Pass Rush baby

Patrick Willis baby

sacks in the 1st game baby

cant ask for more

i would a running game lol. we need more mix up in the play calling
I kept wondering how AZ was shutting us down so badly but then I remembered well f*ck Adrian Wilson is an extra linebacker. There were times they stacked the box so much that our runs were doomed from the start and I was hoping Hill would audible out of it but.... just like with Martz maybe Hill didn't wanna step on Rayes toes in his first game and now they can go to the film room and discuss how to deal with 9-10 guys in the box since Im sure it wont be the last time teams wont respect our passing game.

I'm just happy we won. All you Shaun Hill haters can kiss my a**. Sure he didn't look 100% great throughout the game, but he won didn't he???? I'm sure many of you may agree with me that the play calling wasn't the best. Raye is old school, he needs a little time to get used to new school play calling. But in the end, Hill pulled off a "W" which is all that counts.

If he can look this ugly, and keep stacking up wins, I don't care if ya'll call him a noodle arm or whatever. Hill's a winner!
Share 49ersWebzone