Arizona favored by 6.5

http://sports.bodog.com/sports-betting/nfl-football.jsp

Lock of the week. AZ -6.5
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
he doesnt sound confident about sunday

Well just look at his game plan, look at Raye's magic bullet, they blow. The really bad thing about it is that, in the last week there have been rumors and outright quotes by NFL people in high places that we don't have the personal to run the game plan they have been practicing with. They are saying it could get ugly.

So if was Mr. P wit an F.. I would be worried too.

The only reason I don't see a major a$$ whooping this Sunday is because of recent history of the way the Niners have played Zona tight.

However with the way Nate Clem has played at CB, no pass rush, and so much else... Like the pundits are saying, could get ugly with a capital U this year.

On a brighter note; M Falk on, was it the NFL site? Predicts the Niners to make the playoffs, mainly because MS won't let them fail. How you like them beans bros?

NINERS 2009!!!!

Care to elaborate on who these "NFL people in high places" are?
Singletary... "Im excited and thanful that Michael Craptree is making our fans aware he does not want to play on a 9er team with a Noodle arm Q.B."
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/audio/Coach-Singletary-on-KNBR/cf5bdf53-8119-4447-9033-cf732e278175

critique of Alex Smith? - "getting in a comfort zone... gaining full grasp of offense, continues to grow"

nice connection with Delanie and VD offense tailored to TE for Smith? - "always want a TE that the QB can have a good chemistry with"

swagger from Alex? - "swagger is perceived in many ways... he's gaining confidence each day"

comments on performance of Dixon? - "he's fortunate to see the various D-fronts he has and will... allowed him to understand patience in runs... "

getting a look at Gore and Westbrook game 3? - "don't know"

how did rooks look? - "getting better, work in progress... Solari working them well... exciting to see them grow"

Nate Davis performance and progress? - "he did okay... did some good, did some not so good... QB position is sense of urgency to learn .. continual learning, and takes lots of time and work"

timetable on Nate's grasp of offense? - "need to see his commitment to learning... needs to work harder in offseason... dyslexic, ADHT, whatever... gotta work hard as possible... no blaming lack of work ethic on such things. I don't want to hear "I'm trying, but it's just hard"... tell me you will and mean it"

mix between Carr and Davis next week? - "don't know, we'll talk about it... gotta look at it" (doesn't sound like Nate will get as much opportunity again from Mike's tone)

WRs, lots of snaps... Zeigler... where do these guys fit in when Crabtree's back? - "Zeigler works his tail off, and can play any spot... Ginn is a real bonus for us... (sounds high on Ginn)...

blitzes... lots of blitzes vs Minny... gonna keep that up? - "just wanted to take a look at it, we'll see"

players jumped out with very nice impression? - "Briggs jumps out... very excited about LaBoy"

Manny Lawson overall evaluation? - "continues to develop... Manny's gonna have a big year"
Good stuff to hear!
Singletary don't want Nate Davis to use his learning disability as a crutch and have the Niners give him an indefinite amount of time on something Nate may or may not get the understanding of the offense and the cerebral part of playing QB. I take it that Singletary needs a more definitive sign of progression and improvement from Davis to warrant the further commitment by the team to Nate.
Better sign Manny to a long term contract. This guy is a VERY good football player and won't come with a huge pricetag a la Julian Peterson. In fact, his "low" sack totals might help us out in that department.

I am looking forward to some real production out of Manny. And no, that does not entail just looking at the sacks line.
Great interview.

My favorite part is where Singletary says he believes Manny Lawson is going to break out this year.

Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Better sign Manny to a long term contract. This guy is a VERY good football player and won't come with a huge pricetag a la Julian Peterson. In fact, his "low" sack totals might help us out in that department.

I am looking forward to some real production out of Manny. And no, that does not entail just looking at the sacks line.

Dude Manny is asking for crazy $$$$$$$$$$$ i think we can afford to let him walk because of our depth. 1 player doesn't make or break your defense unless it's WILLIS!! LOL which we locked up.

I could tell you this much i wouldn't be sad to let Manny walked because he has under achieved. He oozes of potential but can't put it all together. Hell he could be the best damn OLB in the league but he slacks to much.
Originally posted by wailers15:

Dude Manny is asking for crazy $$$$$$$$$$$ i think we can afford to let him walk because of our depth. 1 player doesn't make or break your defense unless it's WILLIS!! LOL which we locked up.

I could tell you this much i wouldn't be sad to let Manny walked because he has under achieved. He oozes of potential but can't put it all together. Hell he could be the best damn OLB in the league but he slacks to much.

This is the first I have heard of Manny asking for Crazy money. I know it is going to be a substantial contract but I haven't heard about it being unreasonable (like Goldson's top five safety requirement).
Originally posted by wailers15:

This is the first I have heard of Manny asking for Crazy money. I know it is going to be a substantial contract but I haven't heard about it being unreasonable (like Goldson's top five safety requirement).
Share 49ersWebzone