There are 201 users in the forums

Briggs Waived

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Briggs, Hill, Taylor or Jean-Francois.

The team is already carrying a bonus load of LB's, WR's, safeties and DL, so it has to be one of these positions.

P.S. I'd be shocked to see Spurlock cut. He is the primary Wildcat, and just brings a ton of utility to the team.

yeah, cept he sucks...

usually thats the first factor they look at when they have to cut somebody.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I say it is Briggs and they will try and get him on the practice squad. Spurlock will be the one cut if and when Crabtree signs.

I would rather see rossum waived and have spurlock handle the KR duties....
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
The coaches must really like Curtis Taylor. He is currently the fifth safety on team.

I would have guessed Taylor of RJF would have been waived to make room.

That's what I thought too...I thought Briggs would have more potential to play this year on special teams and as a situational rusher. Oh well, our PS is looking pretty well stocked with good potential.
CUT BERY SIMMS NOW PLEASE!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
The coaches must really like Curtis Taylor. He is currently the fifth safety on team.

I would have guessed Taylor of RJF would have been waived to make room.

Roman will be gone next year so we need to see what we have in him. ICE, Franklin, and Evans are nothing special, so keeping 2 rookies that can fill those spots is very important.

Franklin is better than many webzoners make him out to be. About 3 yards/carry when the opposing RB goes up the gut. Not the best NT, but not horrible either.

Agreed. Franklin gets no credit when in reality he has been pretty decent.
Originally posted by btwagner:
I say it is Briggs and they will try and get him on the practice squad. Spurlock will be the one cut if and when Crabtree signs.

why? All he did was fair catch in the preseason. Second coming of Williams the fair catch king!
Wow! Briggs gets the axe. Guess he will make it through waivers and be signed to the practice squad. Surprising based on the boat load of DB's and DL the Niners are carrying, but not totally unexpected.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by btwagner:

why? All he did was fair catch in the preseason. Second coming of Williams the fair catch king!

I don't limit the line of thinking to just the WR core. Instead the entire team must be taken into consideration including ST. Therefore, I believe that C. Taylor would be next to get the call because of Roman and Smith. IMO, there is more need at the line so RJF stays.

JMO.

By the way, Happy Labor Day!

*sips on drink and toasts to all his Zoner buddies*
I was hoping for somebody else. This is not so much of a surprise, I doubt they would have used briggs no matter how many sacks he would have produced in preseason. Lawson seems dug in to his position and the hope of brooks of becoming something he has never been is still pretty strong.
I think Manny Lawson could be a great strong safety or Nate Clements and we could get rid of Lewis and Roman and keep guys like Briggs and improve the team overall.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by chimp914:
one of our 12 LB?

Could someone explain why this team has so many linebackers?

We have 9 LB's

Err . . . 8 LB's
I was hoping he would stay on the 53 man roster but oh well. i dislike that we are going into the opening game with only 3 olbs.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I was hoping he would stay on the 53 man roster but oh well. i dislike that we are going into the opening game with only 3 olbs.

we actually have 4 OLB, Manny, Haralson, Brooks and M.Harris.
I hope he makes it to our PS.
It's not too surprising that it ended up being Briggs. He should easily make it through waivers and onto the practice squad.
Share 49ersWebzone