LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

The Roster List (53 Man)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Got to love how everyone jumps to conclusions.

The sky is falling the sky is falling...we cut Kory Sheets!

Do we know why ? No. Until we do we should wait and see what the thinking and rationale is.

Good job overreacting as usual 9er talk!

This.

Come one vets - I'll give you the Sheets and other arguments about "sky is falling" but even you guys have to admit 3 players (OT) for 2 positions is a little crazy.

I mean just a lil bit. Right?

And the #1 back-up is Simms?

I do agree with you there. We'll pick up another OT in the next few days and sign one of the cut OTs to the PS, IMO.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
McGloughan is absolutely F'ing worthless... after last night, and these recent roster moves ... I honestly think we need to clean house of coaches and front office at season's end. It's the same thing with our qb, we as a franchise can't be content with mediocrity and joping that something comes out of nothing... we can't just be complacent... look at the Falcons... they lose what they thought was a franchise qb, have an incredibly dissapointing season and turn it all around in a matter of a year....

Singletary doesn't know the difference between an X and an O... that's why Martz was perfect for us... Jimmy Raye is the worst and most predictable OC we've had (even more so I think than Hostler), and Manusky's prevent defense is laughable...

How do we cut Kory Sheets who by all counts did just as well as Coffee? We have no homerun threat at runningback... and what does Curtis Taylor bring? NOTHING... he is raw and worthless in the meantime...

the only one positive to take from it is that we kept Jason Hill

you sound like "that guy"
are you "that guy"?

Originally posted by NinersSF:
whos our 3rd TE? I noticed they cut both finley n pascoe. Unless they're opening up for another WR.

Better yet where is the 4th OT?
  • bigninerfan56
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by bigninerfan56:
Originally posted by showtime49:
We kept Briggs & Harris over Sheets, good by SM hello new GM next year!
This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.

I'm pretty sure we need pass-rushing OLBs more than a 3rd/4th string running back.

Goodbye logic, hello overreaction time.

Again, I want Sheets and hopefully he'll make it to our PS. Nearly every team in the NFL passed him 7 times each. I don't know if a few solid plays would be enough to change their minds - there's a bunch of other RBs with good preseasons on the waiver wire too. Homer glasses might be blinding us.

That was before they saw him do his thing, I doubt he makes our PS.

Do what thing? Does he have potential? sure, but it's not like he was gaining 8 yards a carry. I think there is a very real chance he lands on our PS. Clayton has the last couple years.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

you do realize these have been preseason games right?

Yeah, and those games that A. Smith & B. Sims played in the last few years. You do know those were real games, right? But they still stunk up the joint, yet they are on the roster...

Okay then. Let's cut Simms and wait until Staley or Snyder get injured. We'll see how well Sheets does then.

Let me break this down. 2nd string has much greater value then 4th string. That's why Simms is on the team and Sheets is not.
Why do you keep harping on one point? Yes, he had decent success against some scrubs but does he have more inherent utility than some of the players we kept at this point in time?

We kept a few pass rushing OLBs, a safety but cut a RB. Is it me, or do I see a pattern? We kept players in positions where we have questions at, and we cut a bubble player in arguably, our most talented position on offense.

That being said, I don't know why our OTs and TEs are so thin, but we're talking about Sheets here.

This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.

I'm pretty sure we need pass-rushing OLBs more than a 3rd/4th string running back.

Again, I want Sheets and hopefully he'll make it to our PS. Nearly every team in the NFL passed him 7 times each. I don't know if a few solid plays would be enough to change their minds - there's a bunch of other RBs with good preseasons on the waiver wire too. Homer glasses might be blinding us.

Do what thing? Does he have potential? sure, but it's not like he was gaining 8 yards a carry. I think there is a very real chance he lands on our PS. Clayton has the last couple years.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

Our Tackles suck, these are the same guys that broke a sack record the last couple years in terms of sacks given up! But we keep them because we need warm bodies in the position! You must work in the PR dept. Put a new spin on it buddy!
Exactly.
And this is why Briggs and Harris can help our team more than Sheets.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

Yeah, and those games that A. Smith & B. Sims played in the last few years. You do know those were real games, right? But they still stunk up the joint, yet they are on the roster...

Okay then. Let's cut Simms and wait until Staley or Snyder get injured. We'll see how well Sheets does then.

Let me break this down. 2nd string has much greater value then 4th string. That's why Simms is on the team and Sheets is not.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
JEFF GARCIA

hmmmmmm!

This thread just got interesting.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Carney16:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Rossum and/or Spurlock over Sheets is only thing I don't like.

Rossum = probowl kick returner. we don't have anybody else who can return on the team.

Spurlock = wildcat, wr, and special teams. We need WRs right now b/c of crabs and jones, and he brings added value running the wildcat and on special teams units.

Kory Sheets: why? Gore and Coffee are going to get all the carries, he serves no value on special teams, and he's a liability in pass protection. What's the scenario in which he'd even see the field?

dear ninertalk:

this was a mans post.

Take note.

Put down the nacho chips and mountain dew.
Turn off the xbox/playstation And go outside.

You hurteded my feelings.

Sorry

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

Having Sims at Tackle or Sheets at tackle is sort of the same thing, LOL.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
McGloughan is absolutely F'ing worthless... after last night, and these recent roster moves ... I honestly think we need to clean house of coaches and front office at season's end. It's the same thing with our qb, we as a franchise can't be content with mediocrity and joping that something comes out of nothing... we can't just be complacent... look at the Falcons... they lose what they thought was a franchise qb, have an incredibly dissapointing season and turn it all around in a matter of a year....

Singletary doesn't know the difference between an X and an O... that's why Martz was perfect for us... Jimmy Raye is the worst and most predictable OC we've had (even more so I think than Hostler), and Manusky's prevent defense is laughable...

How do we cut Kory Sheets who by all counts did just as well as Coffee? We have no homerun threat at runningback... and what does Curtis Taylor bring? NOTHING... he is raw and worthless in the meantime...

the only one positive to take from it is that we kept Jason Hill

you sound like "that guy"
are you "that guy"?

Fancy seeing you here

I don't see how that follows my argument in any way. You still fail to address my utility argument.

Why do you keep harping on one point? Yes, he had decent success against some scrubs but does he have more inherent utility than some of the players we kept at this point in time?

We kept a few pass rushing OLBs, a safety but cut a RB. Is it me, or do I see a pattern? We kept players in positions where we have questions at, and we cut a bubble player in arguably, our most talented position on offense.

That being said, I don't know why our OTs and TEs are so thin, but we're talking about Sheets here.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

Our Tackles suck, these are the same guys that broke a sack record the last couple years in terms of sacks given up! But we keep them because we need warm bodies in the position! You must work in the PR dept. Put a new spin on it buddy!
I don't see how that follows my argument in any way. You still fail to address my utility argument.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

You don't have a utility argument square, the guy we kept to back-up our tackle positions can get everyone injured including our best player (Gore) and our QB!
Why did we cut Kory Sheets? They should have M Rob he does nothing. And why did they waste that pick on Pascoe I questioned drafting him from the beginning and now they cut him. McClueless is a sucky GM it's time for him to go. He is making horrible decisions and his drafts have bun sub par at best. It's time to go in a new direction that direction is Holmgren 10. Scotty is a joke and we will continue to be a joke as long as he is here. I wish he was an offensive co-ordinator this week so he could get fired before the season.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Rossum and/or Spurlock over Sheets is only thing I don't like.

Rossum = probowl kick returner. we don't have anybody else who can return on the team.

Spurlock = wildcat, wr, and special teams. We need WRs right now b/c of crabs and jones, and he brings added value running the wildcat and on special teams units.

Kory Sheets: why? Gore and Coffee are going to get all the carries, he serves no value on special teams, and he's a liability in pass protection. What's the scenario in which he'd even see the field?

dear ninertalk:

this was a mans post.

Take note.

Put down the nacho chips and mountain dew.
Turn off the xbox/playstation And go outside.

It's actually Pistachio's, Stella-Artois and Wii . . . and I am outside.
cutting sheets was an obvious mistake. He could of cut 10 other guys before sheets. Keeping spulock? Damn singeltary u r an official bonehead. I've already lost respect for u. U better win games to earn my respect back. Then again we're not gonna win so he's screwed.
Share 49ersWebzone