Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by bigninerfan56:
We kept Briggs & Harris over Sheets, good by SM hello new GM next year!
This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.

So we're going to have the #1 pick next year because we cut an UDFA running back that had decent success against 3rd stringers? wow.

Yup, that coupled with the fact that we now have Snyder and Sims at Tackle! We should be drafting really high next year.

no, we have Staley and Snyder at OT with Sims backing up...for now. At any rate, that wasn't part of your original argument.

What's comical is you thinking an UDFA 4th string RB with "decent" success against 3rd and 4th stringers is the reason why we would be the worst team in the league.

"original argument"? We aren't in court, I am talking about the way we evaluate talent. We say we draft the best player available, yet we get bust's and scrubs. Now we go out and cut our up and comers but keep Bust's and scrubs!

It is what it is no matter what type of spin you try to put on it!

• dj43
McCloughan has already said they will be looking for OTs on the waiver wire. Same for blocking TEs.

There is going to be some movement on this roster in the next 48 hours. Let's see what it is.
  • bigninerfan56
  • Info N/A
This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.

So we're going to have the #1 pick next year because we cut an UDFA running back that had decent success against 3rd stringers? wow.

Yup, that coupled with the fact that we now have Snyder and Sims at Tackle! We should be drafting really high next year.

no, we have Staley and Snyder at OT with Sims backing up...for now. At any rate, that wasn't part of your original argument.

What's comical is you thinking an UDFA 4th string RB with "decent" success against 3rd and 4th stringers is the reason why we would be the worst team in the league.

"original argument"? We aren't in court, I am talking about the way we evaluate talent. We say we draft the best player available, yet we get bust's and scrubs. Now we go out and cut our up and comers but keep Bust's and scrubs!

So you would rather keep a 4th string RB over a 2nd string OT? good luck with that.
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Damn, Sheets could've been a monster kick/punt returner for us down the road, no way in hell he gets past waivers.

I can't believe we kept Spurlock and Curtis Taylor over Sheets!!! -That's really f**king retarded.

Didn't know that Sheets can play receiver or safety.

Those guys (in bold) are proven failures! We keep doing thye same thing expecting different results, do you know what they call that?
Originally posted by showtime49:

I'm pretty sure we need pass-rushing OLBs more than a 3rd/4th string running back.

Goodbye logic, hello overreaction time.

Again, I want Sheets and hopefully he'll make it to our PS. Nearly every team in the NFL passed him 7 times each. I don't know if a few solid plays would be enough to change their minds - there's a bunch of other RBs with good preseasons on the waiver wire too. Homer glasses might be blinding us.

That was before they saw him do his thing, I doubt he makes our PS.

i love how people think only our guys are the one that look good so they must be picked up if they get cut. case in point Clayton for o so many years. hell member maxwell? MVP of the world bowl or somthing for sure everone thought hed get picked up. Other teams have seen thier own guys they wanna bring back to the PS.
  • bigninerfan56
  • Info N/A

I'm pretty sure we need pass-rushing OLBs more than a 3rd/4th string running back.

Again, I want Sheets and hopefully he'll make it to our PS. Nearly every team in the NFL passed him 7 times each. I don't know if a few solid plays would be enough to change their minds - there's a bunch of other RBs with good preseasons on the waiver wire too. Homer glasses might be blinding us.

Do what thing? Does he have potential? sure, but it's not like he was gaining 8 yards a carry. I think there is a very real chance he lands on our PS. Clayton has the last couple years.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

you do realize these have been preseason games right?

So you would rather keep a 4th string RB over a 2nd string OT? good luck with that.

who's the second string tackle? Sims? Hell yes!
  • bigninerfan56
  • Info N/A

Those guys (in bold) are proven failures! We keep doing thye same thing expecting different results, do you know what they call that?

I had no idea that Snyder was a proven failure. I thought winning the starting RT job in his first full year at the postion was pretty impressive.
Why do you keep harping on one point? Yes, he had decent success against some scrubs but does he have more inherent utility than some of the players we kept at this point in time?

We kept a few pass rushing OLBs, a safety but cut a RB. Is it me, or do I see a pattern? We kept players in positions where we have questions at, and we cut a bubble player in arguably, our most talented position on offense.

That being said, I don't know why our OTs and TEs are so thin, but we're talking about Sheets here.

Do what thing? Does he have potential? sure, but it's not like he was gaining 8 yards a carry. I think there is a very real chance he lands on our PS. Clayton has the last couple years.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

So let me get this right, we kept BOTH Rossum and Spurlock but we cut Sheets??

very strange
whos our 3rd TE? I noticed they cut both finley n pascoe. Unless they're opening up for another WR.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
McGloughan is absolutely F'ing worthless... after last night, and these recent roster moves ... I honestly think we need to clean house of coaches and front office at season's end. It's the same thing with our qb, we as a franchise can't be content with mediocrity and joping that something comes out of nothing... we can't just be complacent... look at the Falcons... they lose what they thought was a franchise qb, have an incredibly dissapointing season and turn it all around in a matter of a year....

Singletary doesn't know the difference between an X and an O... that's why Martz was perfect for us... Jimmy Raye is the worst and most predictable OC we've had (even more so I think than Hostler), and Manusky's prevent defense is laughable...

How do we cut Kory Sheets who by all counts did just as well as Coffee? We have no homerun threat at runningback... and what does Curtis Taylor bring? NOTHING... he is raw and worthless in the meantime...

the only one positive to take from it is that we kept Jason Hill

you sound like "that guy"
are you "that guy"?

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?

you do realize these have been preseason games right?

Yeah, and those games that A. Smith & B. Sims played in the last few years. You do know those were real games, right? But they still stunk up the joint, yet they are on the roster...
JEFF GARCIA

Share 49ersWebzone