LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Which bubble 49er do you want on the 53-man roster the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which bubble 49er do you want on the 53-man roster the most?

In reference to Maiocco's 53-man projection.

EL LINKO.

• I included both TE's Finley & Pascoe, since it's a toss-up with those guys (I feel Scotty will want to keep Pascoe around more than Finley).

• I also believe the 49ers have a solid relationship with CB Allen Rossum and that he is a lock for a roster spot.

And... discuss.
I think that RJF would be the most valuable of the players listed but I also like Taylor too.
I voted eric green because he can start, he had the forced fumble, i didnt see him get beat much, hes still young, and he has experience vs az. i almost went with brit miller though, i really liked what hes done so far. he looks like a good blocker and sprung sheets for a touchdown. hes good at catching the ball too.

where is jason hill? i wouldve voted for him because of what he did last year.
From what the coaches think, i reckon Spurlock has the most to offer.

-9fA
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I would guess Green for two reasons backup CB and special teams player.
Have to go with Alex Boone. It was close between Boone and RJF, but I'm more comfy with RayMac and other DEs than I am with Barry Sims and... nothing else at OT since Marvel retired. I would have said Boone either way, as I think he has more risk of being plucked off the PS.
I choose RJF. I think he gives us more talent & upside over Sopoaga. I think we should trade Soap for a draft pick or we will be seeing RJF making plays for another team this year.
It's a tough call because there are several of these guys that seem worthy. Since we can't keep them all, Spurlock seems to have the biggest play making ability.
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
It's a tough call because there are several of these guys that seem worthy. Since we can't keep them all, Spurlock seems to have the biggest play making ability.

I think Spurlock should be kept over Battle. I know, I know. I have liked Battle, but it is time for this team to let some people go to move forward. I just think he gives us a more explosive, younger, play-making reciever & return man.
Originally posted by tohara3:

I think Spurlock should be kept over Battle. I know, I know. I have liked Battle, but it is time for this team to let some people go to move forward. I just think he gives us a more explosive, younger, play-making reciever & return man.

Just speculation, but everyone close yet on the outside of the organization has said that Battle pretty much cemented a spot with the team. That he even has pushed Morgan as a starter. I don't think Arnaz is going anywhere soon.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Have to go with Alex Boone. It was close between Boone and RJF, but I'm more comfy with RayMac and other DEs than I am with Barry Sims and... nothing else at OT since Marvel retired. I would have said Boone either way, as I think he has more risk of being plucked off the PS.

I agree! Position of need, with little or no backup! He is not the best player on the bubble but is the most needed.
I chose RJF, I think he has the talent to eventually develop into a quality 3-4 lineman, but we need fresh bodies on the D-Line and his energy will make us more effective, I'm hoping he comes around quickly and able to contribute this season
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Just speculation, but everyone close yet on the outside of the organization has said that Battle pretty much cemented a spot with the team. That he even has pushed Morgan as a starter. I don't think Arnaz is going anywhere soon.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully he can stay healthy all year long.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Jason Hill is the guy that I want to make the team. Spurlock has been given every shot to earn the last Wr job. So Jason Hill is on the bubble from what I can tell
RJF. Or Boone. But I'd rather see them both on the PS this year.
Share 49ersWebzone