LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Comparison of Niners and Cardinals Teams

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Overall a pretty good analysis. On paper, their O is better and our D's could be considered even overall. This is why I think that first game is really going to dictate how the season will fare.

If we do well against the Cards, I see it being an 8+ win season, while doing bad may very well result in less than 7 wins. They have a very highpowered offense, and this should give us a gauge of where we stand in mellowing out their O while keeping our D consistent....

I think that our D is better overall, and we will be able to keep their offense in check if ours can run the ball and control the clock. I think our D can force some turnovers vs. az.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Free thread!!!!!!!!!!

^ Greatest.Picture.Ever.
I somewhat agree with your analysis. But sometimes it's not about the individual players, but how the offenses and defenses perform as a unit with their respective coordinators.

The Cardinals have a better offense than us, but we look like we have a running game that will wear down defenses and keep the opponent's offenses off the field. I imagine we'll win the time of possession battles in most games. Also, if we were to lose Frank Gore, I have some confidence in Coffee, Sheets, and Robinson to carry the load. If the Cardinals were to lose Kurt Warner, their offense is just about done.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Free thread!!!!!!!!!!

^ Greatest.Picture.Ever.

I know huh? This guy is one happy otter.
I think you gave some of their players too much credit. chike okeafor is a great defensive player? the same dominique rodgers cromartie that just got roasted by the packers is a future probowler? their d that got slaughtered to the tune of 38 points in one half to the packers is even with ours that went toe to toe with a very talented offense? i agree with some of what you said on offense but some of the defensive stuff you got in there is ridiculous.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Free thread!!!!!!!!!!

^ Greatest.Picture.Ever.

pretty funny
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Expect Warner to miss some games
The year after his first Super Bowl missed 5 games
The year after his second Super Bowl missed 9 games
Matt better be ready