LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Realistic Expectations for this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
8 OR 9 WINS FOR ME......

Dallas has a really good defense and we still managed to run the ball with a VANILLA game plan. Our Defense will be ranked between 7 and 14. Our offense will be ranked around 18 to 22. Hopefully we will be top 5 to 10 in rushing offense this year!

I figure Niners should win 4 division games....(STL 2-0, Seattle and AZ 1-1).

Im worried about the passing game and the pass rush. Pass rush should improve with blitzing and stunts. Hopefully we finally address OLB, FS, NT in 2010. Nate Davis may be the starter in 2010!
8-8 one game better...
I'm going to be optimistic. 9-7. I believe our D will be good and if we can run with a power running game the O should win the TOP.

LB
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It's hilarious that you all are going apesh*t over how the team has performed during the preseason. Why are you all getting mad? I don't care what coach Singletary says, these games don't mean anything. Furthermore should anyone be surprised the 1st team on both sides looked shaky against Dallas? Dallas is a more talented team the 49ers so they should've looked much better.

Until the 49ers get a real starting NFL QB they will struggle on offense. Do you think the Bears or Titans have better WRs than the 49ers (factoring in the upside of some of the younger players)? Conversely, without a pass rusher that teams must gameplan for, the team will struggle to stop teams via the pass.

The game has evolved into throwing the ball to score points and being able to stop the other team from throwing. The 49ers can't do both, not a good combination.

Looking at the schedule, I think the 49ers are good enough to beat their divisional rivals at least once. They are a better team than Detroit. I think they're good enough to win at least one or two games they shouldn't (most likely at home).
  • Mex49
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Where did all the gloom and doomers come from?

I picked 10-6 in the PYMWYMI topic and I am sticking to it?

Finally a voice of reason.

10-6 and a division title. We can do this s**t.
Niners in 09
SUPERBOWL!
I think the comments about Nate Davis beating only scrubs is so brainless as to be comatose. I could see that if he were totally unrushed and or the recievers were uncovered but he accomplished his feats under at least as much pressure and tight conditions as the starters. He only did his job much better. I don't think any of our other guys could have made that throw to Spurlock. They could not make the throw quick enough and throw the pass hard enough nor accurate enough to make it. The only bad thing about all this is the pressure to get him as the starter may hurt him but so far he is the one doing it to the other team, not the other way around.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think the comments about Nate Davis beating only scrubs is so brainless as to be comatose. I could see that if he were totally unrushed and or the recievers were uncovered but he accomplished his feats under at least as much pressure and tight conditions as the starters. He only did his job much better. I don't think any of our other guys could have made that throw to Spurlock. They could not make the throw quick enough and throw the pass hard enough nor accurate enough to make it. The only bad thing about all this is the pressure to get him as the starter may hurt him but so far he is the one doing it to the other team, not the other way around.

Based on your moniker, you should know if Davis can be thrown in now, don't you
think?

No such thing as a realistic expectation because a Realistic Expectaton for the Falcons and Dolphins this time last year would have been 5-11.

Just wait and see, i think S.Hill and our receivers will get their s**t together.
Realistic optimism = 9-10 wins and playoffs via winning the division.

If we can come out strong, and hopefully win against seattle or arizona in the first 4 games, I think we can take the division easy. I just dont see Seattle and Arizona having the durability to win the division. I see Warner going down sometime this season, and with Walter Jones injured, i think Hassleback goes down too.

The way our team is built, we may not have the most talented roster but I think we are the most capable of handling a few injuries. Where as Seattle and Arizona will once again sink or swim based on Warner/Hassleback's health.

Originally posted by jays9ers:
6 o 7 wins. All you people dreaming of playoffs are delusional

after seeing our starters play 3 weeks and not really improving. Right now, our defense doesn't quite seem like it will be as willis predicted, but i'm hoping that I am proved wrong.
before preseason I was thinking 8-8. After preseason I say 6-12, after week 1 I am hoping to change my mind again back to 8-8
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This a 7-8 win team at its best. There are to many wholes in the roster as of right now.
Pat Kirwan takes a crack at expectations for theh Niners
Originally posted by susweel:
This a 7-8 win team at its best. There are to many wholes in the roster as of right now.

Which game are we not playing.
Share 49ersWebzone