There are 242 users in the forums

Biggest preseason dissapointment to me: Josh Morgan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Like in 07, we can't get the ball to our WR's. It's combination of bad play calling, bad QB play, bad pass blocking and the fact the WR's can get open quick enough.
What do you guys think of Isaac Bruce performance? He's actually done worse than Morgan. He has no catches this preseason.

Morgan's lack of performance has more to do with the QB and OL play. If those two parts of the team don't play well, the WRs will suffer.

The 49ers are ranked #30 in preseason passing.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
What do you guys think of Isaac Bruce performance? He's actually done worse than Morgan. He has no catches this preseason.

Morgan's lack of performance has more to do with the QB and OL play. If those two parts of the team don't play well, the WRs will suffer.

But Bruce did not play in the opening and had only a cameo in the second game. And everybody has been prasing him in practice.
Ahhh give the kid a break, he will be fine, and as for you Battle Haters, despite all the changes at Offensive C, and different QBs, the awful coaching Sullivan, he some how gets open on third downs!
Originally posted by King49er:
This forum

niner talk
Originally posted by DesiDez:

So Morgan's poor play is due to the o-line and QB.

And Bruce's poor play is due to...himself?

-9fA
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

The most popular image and train of thought in NT
You can't do much when your quarterback has no time to throw the ball.
For those pointing out the fact that the O-line and the QB have been bad (which is true): read my post again. I'm not talking exclusevely about the preseason games. There have been some worrying signs from different people that indicate that Morgan may not be who we thoguht he was (please, no Dennis Green jokes).

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by King49er:
This forum

niner talk

yes
should have kept martz, the martz system can turn any reciever into a stud.
Originally posted by 9ERFANINAZ:
The lack of a Pass Rush

I agree with pass rush..But fellas , Cmon...

Were talking about practice ? Practice ? We talkin' about ... Practice ?

Its PRE-SEASON!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by nicedraw94080 on Aug 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM ]
I disagree about any of the WR's as disappointments. To me the biggest disappointment is Manny, Soap, and our pass protection. I am not going to blast any o lineman because as a group they have done a decent job when asked to run block. Also, there have only been a few times the actual starting group has been on the field so far.

There is a lot riding on the niners finding somebody other than parys and smith to get close to the QB. Lawson was hyped as "turning him loose" and finally healthy.

And soap is sort of like shaun hill. He is the best option at the DE spot. I was hoping evans or balmer would take it from him.
2nd year, 6th round pick WR, on a team with below average QBs. Hmmm, maybe expectations for him were a bit high?
Share 49ersWebzone