There are 163 users in the forums

Favorite 49er/cowpuke moment.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
I have seen a lot of 49er and Cowboy games in person but there will never be a game that surpasses that day in January 1982 when we beat the Cowboys to go to our first SB. Getting to be a Candlestick and experience the highs and lows of that game then win it the way we did, seeing grizzled old 49ers fans in tears the chaos in the streets is a memory I will cherish forever.

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
I have seen a lot of 49er and Cowboy games in person but there will never be a game that surpasses that day in January 1982 when we beat the Cowboys to go to our first SB. Getting to be a Candlestick and experience the highs and lows of that game then win it the way we did, seeing grizzled old 49ers fans in tears the chaos in the streets is a memory I will cherish forever.

man at 1:04 Look at the throw he makes with all those ppl in his face!
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Watch Lenvil Elliott's run at the 5:40 mark. Hell, watch it 5 times in a row! He destroys #26 Michael Downs. It was the last carry of his career. He suited up but didn't play in the S.B.

RIP Lenvil
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Aug 29, 2009 at 4:03 AM ]
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
My favorite moment was Elvis in for an ailing Young, and the nation expecting the Niners to be drubbed without their PB QB at the helm.

Early in the game Elvis hits Rice for a loooooooong TD in which Rice splits the defenders right down the middle of the field, setting the tone for the rest of the game. Niners win and all the cowpatty fans I am watching the game with are about ready to start getting physical after listening to the LOADS of shiz thats been commin outta my mouth for the last 3 hours.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Eric Davis' pick six in the NFC Championship game. That set the tone for the rest of the game!

Wasn't that Merton? I remember the Chicken dance in the zone..?!

Were you a 49er fan in 1994?

Nobody has the right to call themselves 9er fans if they don't know that Eric Davis was the one who picked off Aikman's pass and ran it in.

I'm sorry, but that's bad.
I remember the day before and the day of all Niner Cowboys games, I would get really fired up and nervous at the same time. Those games were huge back in the early 90's and I hated the boys more than anything. They dont bother me a bit now, I root hard for the cowboys when they play the Eagles.
The year we last won the bowl, we beat Dallas in the regular season and in the NFC championship game, I guess that is my favorite moment/moments.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Watch Lenvil Elliott's run at the 5:40 mark. Hell, watch it 5 times in a row! He destroys #26 Michael Downs. It was the last carry of his career. He suited up but didn't play in the S.B.

RIP Lenvil

Most people only remember “The Catch” what most people forget is that we owned Dallas that day if it had not been for 6 turn over’s we would have destroyed the Cowboys like we had earlier in the season.

What was really fun was watching the Dallas sideline during that drive. The drive started on the 10 yard line by the time we got to the 50 Landry was damn near beside himself with frustration. if football was art this would be the Mona Lisa of drives. The defense was gassed and had no clue as to what was coming next the entire Cowboy sideline was frustrated helmets being thrown, players shaking there heads in disbelief that our offense had gone from the 10 to the 50 and now had 2:00 minutes left to score.

The other item people forget is the game saving tackle Eric Wright made then the fumble we literally came within a hand tackle of losing this game.
  • NinerFaninIndy83
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Eric Davis' pick six in the NFC Championship game. That set the tone for the rest of the game!

Nobody has the right to call themselves 9er fans if they don't know that Eric Davis was the one who picked off Aikman's pass and ran it in.

gotta agree
last years game

In the '94 CG when Rice caught a TD right before the half on that b***h Larry Brown.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
One of our biggest rivals throughout our history. So many great moments come to mind.

1994 NFC Championship game, ( I was there) smoking them 38-28, getting a 21-0 lead in the first 7 mins. and getting revenge for the previous NFC title games 2 years running.

The Catch Jan. 10th 1982 ( need I say more) I was born that day and my dad missed that game. He always tells that story.

T.O. running to the star twice in a regular season in Sept. 2000. I will always love T.O. for that and for his catch vs. green bay in 98 Wild Card. Gardner rushed for over 200 yards. Jerry Rice had a couple TD's and we killed them 41-24.

2002 regular season game, we come back in 4th qrt. to win 31-27, after trailing 27-17 with like 8 mins. left. ( I was at that game too, so its special to me. I was sick when dallas got that 27-17 thinking we were going to lose to those bums, but Garcia had a great comeback.

A few moments that come to mind there for me. What moments for you?

I would kill to have that day as my birthday.

Give it up homie.

My favorite 9ers/Cowboys moment? Anytime the Phallus Towelboys are sent packing with a Loss.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by NinerFaninIndy83:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

gotta agree

I can't be so hard on the guy. Even though I know that Davis was the guy that picked off Fakeman, Hanks DID have quite a few standout games. So it's easy to get confused. Not for me, but I can see how others would.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by the_woad:
My first football memory was the 1994 season, so I didn't see the rivalry in the zenith of its glory. But with that said...

My favorite Niner/Cowboy moment was in 1995 when the Jerry Rice went in to Texas Stadium and made Deion Sanders look silly. It was just too cool to see the GOAT toy with the best cover corner in the game.

Yup GOAT always had Deions number. If I recall correctly, Atlanta was the team Rice torched the most.
Gotta be the Catch.
Share 49ersWebzone