There are 204 users in the forums

I am now realizing , tell me if u agree or disagree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we will see a lil more of what we can do this week. I won't be too worried & will have to check this thread again after few weeks of regular season
I still laugh that people say our receiving problems are solved and that we have a surplus of talent at the WR position.

Don't need preseason to see we are screwed there and not much will change.

I also find it funny that people aren't worried and say that it's just preseason. If our receivers were lighting it up there would be a ton of Martz who? threads out there and Rice comparisons, by the same people who are coming down the OP for it only being preseason.

Then those who disagree would be called haters. Lol.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by geturembedder:
I still laugh that people say our receiving problems are solved and that we have a surplus of talent at the WR position.

I also find it funny that people aren't worried and say that it's just preseason. If our receivers were lighting it up there would be a ton of Martz who? threads out there and Rice comparisons, by the same people who are coming down the OP for it only being preseason.

You're such a hater
Originally posted by Dino:

You're such a hater

I hate your new name. Liked your old one much better.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

yep. also preseason does matter, what doesn't matter over it is wins and losses.

but if a player can not get open on a slant route in week 2 of the preseason, what makes you think he will get open in week 2 of the regular season? if the DE can't win his 1v1 vs the OT in pre-season, can he win it in the regular season?

team performance does not matter, but individual play does. if the QB is making all the right reads, bu his timing with the new reciever is off, you are in good shape.
Way too soon to tell...Hill's just been named starter. We'll have a better idea about Raye's passing game and our receivers after the Dallas game. But, make no mistake, the power running game is going to be featured...and it should be when you've got the OL we do, plus Gore and Coffee. Our receivers will be fine...but, they'll share the ball a lot more w/Vernon and Walker, two guys who's been grossly underutilized so far. So, if anyone's expecting 1000 yd WR's, I think that's unrealistic in this offense. Doesn't mean they can't and won't be productive, it's just that Raye believes in spreading the ball around and fully utilizing his backfield and TE's along w/WR's. Take a chill.
sounds like eddie drank too much of the kool-aid
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Way too soon to tell...Hill's just been named starter. We'll have a better idea about Raye's passing game and our receivers after the Dallas game. But, make no mistake, the power running game is going to be featured...and it should be when you've got the OL we do, plus Gore and Coffee. Our receivers will be fine...but, they'll share the ball a lot more w/Vernon and Walker, two guys who's been grossly underutilized so far. [b]So, if anyone's expecting 1000 yd WR's, I think that's unrealistic in this offense. Doesn't mean they can't and won't be productive, it's just that Raye believes in spreading the ball around and fully utilizing his backfield and TE's along w/WR's. Take a chill.
[/b]

Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
I keep hearing its preseason and it doesn't matter , actually it does to me because our starters could not spread the offense but our 3rd and fourth strings really didn't have a problem going down the field in the air

Don't worry. You are just starting to realize this team is no good again this year. The hype of the new season is dying down and you realize that this team has no pass rush, no QB, now an OL problem and will be very predictable with the power running approach. Sorry for the negativity again, but the tough love approach of Singletary will go only so far.

My best hope for this season is that Niners low ball offer Crabtree this week and he sits out season. What a diva loser he is.
Well if morgan can stay healthy, jones gets healthy and if crabs finally signs, the niners will have a completely different wr corp than last year and different than what we are witnessing right now.

Its hard to tell how the niners wr's will perform without jones and crabs on the field.
Originally posted by fister30:
Well if morgan can stay healthy, jones gets healthy and if crabs finally signs, the niners will have a completely different wr corp than last year and different than what we are witnessing right now.

Its hard to tell how the niners wr's will perform without jones and crabs on the field.

Wow. You expect quite a bit out of a third string WR and an overrated rookie who didn't even make camp.

Morgan is the only viable WR who seems to have the ability to blossom into something.
I am one who thinks this feeling that just cause it's preseason that these guys simply allow other players to beat them is a load of crap. These men have some of the BIGGEST ego's on the face of the planet. WR's especially, and as such I can not simply adhere to the thought that our WR's are just going to let themselves get beat like doormats.

I agree it is the preseason and that not everyone plays hard, and some may be instructed to not play hard, however I think the OP's post does have some merrit and this thought that every problem or concern sited on these forums regarding preseason games can be explained with the fact that it is preseason and therefor any concerns are invalid, is rediculous.
  • soao
  • Veteran
Sure, I'm concerned. We have the same team and there's a decent chance we'll end up with the same record. I'm only going to count Sing's record. All nine games counted last year might get us to 9 wins. If we discount the first game against the Seahags, we could project to 10 wins. Since we're going in with almost the exact same players, we'll also have to hope that we have 9 or 10 games against losing teams.
Share 49ersWebzone