There are 202 users in the forums

Who will start at R CB, Spencer?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just read on ESPN that Manusky sees Bly, Brown and Spencer in a dead heat to win the RC spot.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=3867

Wow, i figured he was a Dime at best. Ahh corner back depth, it's a good thing.

Maybe we can finally cover all those tardinals at once.
[ Edited by pdxredandgold on Aug 27, 2009 at 2:25 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't see how it isn't Bly. Brown has missed too much camp and Spencer has been inconsistent his whole career. the real question is who will be the nickel back.
When Spencer is healthy he is a very good CB for us, but like you said Depth at CB is a very good thing

I think it should go to Bly, and have Spencer as Nickel, than if Spencer is healthy and playing good bump up to starter
[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM ]
pretty sure bly will be the guy..

he is still good, he just had terrible, terrible safety help in denver..only absolute elite corners can still be great without solid safeties behind them..
Originally posted by TX9R:
I don't see how it isn't Bly. Brown has missed too much camp and Spencer has been inconsistent his whole career. the real question is who will be the nickel back.

I agree! Bly looks good our there. Spencer sucks and Brown hasnt practiced!
I agree with some of the other posters. It should be Bly and Clements as our starting CB's with Spencer and company backing them up. I would imagine that spencer would be the nickel guy
Originally posted by MaliCali:
pretty sure bly will be the guy..

he is still good, he just had terrible, terrible safety help in denver..only absolute elite corners can still be great without solid safeties behind them..

I don't know how that's gonna make him better here...Goldson big question mark, Roman and Lewis is not known for his coverage skills.
I also think it'll be Bly and Clements but with the faith Manusky is showing in the depth maybe i won't have to cross my fingers and do a shot of Patron every time someone comes out four wide.
I agree about Bly - he clearly looks like the starter to me.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I know the Zone hates history, but it was only a year ago when Spencer was about to beat out Walt Harris for the starting job... and then knee happened.

Now he sucks??

i dont think spencer ot brown are ready to take the no 2 spot yet as our corner and bly has some serious skills and although he is not our best corner i can pretty much guarantee that he will have the most INT for us we have to remember that we have better safties and a better pass rush than the broncos had a year ago
Originally posted by Mex49:

I know the Zone hates history, but it was only a year ago when Spencer was about to beat out Walt Harris for the starting job... and then knee happened.

Now he sucks??

?? What??? Links?? I know what happened.... Mike Martz had something to do with this!
Originally posted by Mex49:

Now he sucks??

Typical zone mentality.

However, I think Bly gets the job. Like his experience.
Dre will start and T.Brown will be the nickel corner
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Dre will start and T.Brown will be the nickel corner

thats what i thought. has spencer even played in preseason yet? i didnt really think spencer was in the running but if hes back to full health i can see why they like him. 6'1 is nice size for a cb when youre going up against fitz and boldin.
Share 49ersWebzone