There are 169 users in the forums

SF searchin for a new QB & Scotty Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Okay if some of you haven't seen or heard various reports are coming out that SF is now looking to grab another QB after one of them gets cut coming up here. ??????
Curious to why? Now looking at this offseason, I think we should've went after Vick. Yes I said it. He'd be a much better option for us as a backup, but he's in a good situation in Philly. i know most of u on here didn't want him, but like i say again he'd be the best backup we have, and would been good in our system. Thigpen or Feely? wow, this is pathetic.

i stand by my guns that singletary wanted him, but scotty being the gm in all trumped him. he trumped singletary when he drafted crabtree. i really think singletary wanted Oher, because of the upside, the talent, and his character & upbringing is just like patrick willis. coach was real high on Oher & Maybin.

it's obvious since smith didnt do a thing to unseat hill, that we might cut smith or trade him. smith is done in sf, and a change of scenery is what he needs, and i think we will give him that.

plus it's obivous scott didnt do his homework on crabtree. most people i talk to say they never wanted crabtree. plus for of all of us who watched the "Path to the Draft" on the nfl network saw the joke that crabtree is. dude was ghetto.
i jsut don't think scott is fully on board with coach.
i dont really think we can. those guys would have to come in and learn a whole new system. i wouldnt be opposed to giving smith a change of scenery though, i think he needs one but im fine if we keep him. it is what it is.

crab is an ass but he was the right pick. when you dont have playmakers you cant be picky and he was the best player. looking back i wish we had taken orakpo or maclin now but hindsight is 20/20.
Originally posted by valrod33:

you shutting down threads with your gif game today good s**t

and yes i don't think anybody from the "ghetto" should ever be drafted
Originally posted by wailers15:
Okay if some of you haven't seen or heard various reports are coming out that SF is now looking to grab another QB after one of them gets cut coming up here. ??????
Curious to why? Now looking at this offseason, I think we should've went after Vick. Yes I said it. He'd be a much better option for us as a backup, but he's in a good situation in Philly. i know most of u on here didn't want him, but like i say again he'd be the best backup we have, and would been good in our system. Thigpen or Feely? wow, this is pathetic.

i stand by my guns that singletary wanted him, but scotty being the gm in all trumped him. he trumped singletary when he drafted crabtree. i really think singletary wanted Oher, because of the upside, the talent, and his character & upbringing is just like patrick willis. coach was real high on Oher & Maybin.

it's obvious since smith didnt do a thing to unseat hill, that we might cut smith or trade him. smith is done in sf, and a change of scenery is what he needs, and i think we will give him that.

plus it's obivous scott didnt do his homework on crabtree. most people i talk to say they never wanted crabtree. plus for of all of us who watched the "Path to the Draft" on the nfl network saw the joke that crabtree is. dude was ghetto.

Do you have a link to these various reports?
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Do you have a link to these various reports?

What he said.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Thread will be locked until credible link is provided.
I just heard from a credible source that the 49ers are bringing both Montana and Young out of retirement to compete with Hill and Smith for the starting job. Apparently a two qb competition wasn't enough, and Scotty and Coach Sing wanted to see it in quadravision.

Also, the 49ers are poised to trade their entire starting lineup for the UDFAs that have been released in the past two weeks. Team sources stated that the 49er coaches believed that the UDFAs would cause coordinators for other teams to have to do a lot more film and game research on the new 49er team and that there would be less information avavailable on them. One source who asked to remain anonymous said it would be similiar to the havoc caused by the Miami Dolphins last year with their introduction of the Wildcat formation.

Don't have the link to the source, because I just wrote it now.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM ]
I think we should've went after Vick.

GIVE IT A REST.
Share 49ersWebzone