There are 153 users in the forums

Shaun Hill Day to Day With Lower Back Strain

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by chrisernst82:
pft just reported luke mcnown is up for trade we might be able to get a late round pick amd mcnown for smith and save a little money

f**k.
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Originally posted by chrisernst82:
pft just reported luke mcnown is up for trade we might be able to get a late round pick amd mcnown for smith and save a little money

f**k NO!!!!.

you forgot the no so I added it for you
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I just dont understand why we dont trade next years #1 draft pick for a proven, veteran quarterback

Because this isn't Madden.

Too funny!
Problem Fixed

I am a little worried that this is a lingering issue from the 2007 season. This is a snippet from one of MB blog entries from 07

Quote:
Chris Weinke will be the fourth quarterback to start for the 49ers this season and Drew Olson will be his back up on Sunday. That announcement was made today in conjunction with the revelation that Shaun Hill suffered three fractures to the transverse processes, which are part of the vertebrae, in his lower back in Sunday�s win over Tampa Bay. The 49ers had kept that in jury secret because they didn�t want to make Hill a target if he was able to play Sunday against the Browns. Hill, however, has been suffering back spasms all week and has not improved much since Sunday�s game. Arnaz Battle or Michael Robinson would be the No. 3 quarterback.
I just dont understand why we dont trade next years #1 draft pick for a proven, veteran quarterback

No it's not, but Jay Cutler was available.
Who here thinks Alex kicked Shauns ass yesterday

Nah, but serious, let it be known I NEVER called him Alex Leaf. NEVER ONCE.

I called him Alex Shuler
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Overrated, and they wanted a QB, not a pick.

Overrated? You don't think a he could help our team?

True they took Kyle Orton over Jason Campbell

Didn't say that. We couldn't have gotten him.
I sure hope Shaun Hill plays this Saturday, I'm really looking forward to seeing the official first string unit vs a decent Dallas defense.....in the most important "sneak-peak preseason game".
Maybe the 49ers need to buy him one of those upside down hanging things the old
guy sells on TV!

Didn't say that. We couldn't have gotten him.

Yeah, but you called him overrated. He's not overrated. Just wait and see how the Bronco offense ranks this year. They won't even crack the top 15. They were 2nd with Jay Cutler.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Aug 26, 2009 at 2:07 PM ]
I think we should just rest both Hill and Smith for this game. It's not like our offense under Raye is all that complicated. Sure us the fans would like to get a look at our freshly named starter playing a good bit in the third preseason game, but I don't really think its absolutely necessary to have either Hill or Smith play at this point. Just let them rest for a week or two and get healthy. Strained backs and Sprained thumbs have a tendency to linger when you rush back to action too quickly.

Seeing Nate go with and against first stringers could prove interesting anyway, and will likely put the QB depth chart (keeping 3 or 4 qbs) into somewhat better focus.
Share 49ersWebzone