LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Some Random thoughts after two preseason games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. With Haralson out our passrush will struggle. Every year it´s the same sentence
" our Blitz packagaes will solve the problem" they never did!

2. Our Secondary will be much more agressive, this could force some bad throws from the Qbs. Last year QBs knew that they could pick on ROman and make risky throws because Roman would be caught out of position.

3. Our Run Offence will very fun to watch. Gore and Coffee could very well be a DC´s nightmare

4. Again our WRs will struggle to gain separation

5. Sopoaga looks intimaditg but he´s far from beeing intimadting.

6. Reggie Smith should be the primary backup at FS

7. We need a solid backup SS. Roman scares me in every position.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
My biggest concern is the recievers not getting open. Bruce and Morgan are the starters, but Battle may be the third reciever. JASON HILL is the guy whom just seems to make plays whenever he is in the game.

Our Pass rush is okay, but if Kurt Warner has that much time it could be a rerun of last year Cardinals games
Hill has shown nothing in camp or in preseason. Only against 3rsd stringers.
Maybe he needs more tiem to develop.

I would like to see teh WR get more separation so that Crabtree loses leverage. Even if he signs now, I do not think that he will make a greta impact. He has not played nor practiced since his last game in college.

I just wisch wehn he signs and gets into practice that he will relaise what a fool he has been.

Right now he problably thinks he´s Jerry Rice, he´s up to a biiig surprise.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
1. With Haralson out our passrush will struggle. Every year it´s the same sentence

2. Our Secondary will be much more agressive, this could force some bad throws from the Qbs. Last year QBs knew that they could pick on ROman and make risky throws because Roman would be caught out of position.

3. Our Run Offence will very fun to watch. Gore and Coffee could very well be a DC´s nightmare

Very good points. I agree Roman needs to be gone for sure. Like what I see from Reggie Smith. Hope Balmer steps up to take over for Sopoaga

Soap depends too much upon his strength and not enough on technique. Until he makes a huge commitment to improve his technique, he's never going to be much more than a mediocre player.

Aye aye to #7. If there looks to be breakdown in coverage for a score, Roman will be near. The TD pass was not Clements' fault, it was Romans area to protect.
Share 49ersWebzone